Garmin Fitness Tracker

I'm looking at getting the Vivosmart but I want to see what's the main difference with all of them and your opinions on the one you have

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I have a Vivoactive and love it.

Smart watch--I like the notifications on my wrist, much more subtle than reaching for my phone when in a meeting at work.

Gives me a fireworks display when I hit my steps goals for the day.

Has tons of preset exercises, both indoor and outdoor.

Waterproof.

Charges fast.

Syncs with mfp.

Good phone app and web interface.

Lots of watch faces to download. I use one that tracks my steps for the last week.

Chest strap HRM.

Love it!

• gleggio
    gleggio Posts: 10 Member
    I just got my Garmin Vivosmart HR. I compared it to others & the Garmin had all the requirements I needed-especially swimming. It has been fun seeing how much I walk & when I am too sedentary it says 'Move!' I tell it off but get up & move anyway. It seems to really be accurate on activity. It counts steps strange but overall is same as I would figure. Love it! I would just look at what you want it to do. Good luck!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Vivoactive. Like it a lot. Some of the pros mentioned above. I do find it takes a long time for the GPS to initially find satellites so I lose some map data from time to time. Keeps the stats correct though.

I do wish I could find a way to just display heart rate without an activity being logged. I like to track my HR when I lift got don't have the option as an activity. If there is a way, I don't know how. Now I just use the running activity and discard it after.
  • WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    I had a Vivosmart for about almost 2 years, and loved it, now I have upgraded to the Vivoactive, and that's even better for me. I agree with the pros that have been already been said. Differences between Vivosmart and Vivoactive, the Vivoactive gives you more features, and has GPS, while the Vivosmart does not. However, the Vivosmart I found has better battery life than the Vivoactive (even though the Vivoactive on paper should have better life with GPS turned off) especially if you are using the GPS (GPS just kills the battery). It would all depend on what features you would like to have, and how much you are willing to spend for those features. Both of the Garmins I've had are the ones without the built in HRM, I still prefer the accuracy and reliability of the strap and I don't really need to monitor my heart rate 24/7 like the versions with the built in HRM do. Oh, another difference, the new versions with the built in HRM will track flights of stairs, the originals do not. The Vivofit is more basic compared to the Vivosmart and Vivoactive. It will not give you notifications or many of the features of the Vivoactive, but will give you incredible battery life.
    @Hornsby - there are a few HRM apps you can download from the Connect IQ store that'll work on the Vivoactive, and you don't have to log them as activities.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Thanks @WeaponXI. I'll have a look. I thought I had but maybe I missed them.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    IMO, the only real benefit to the vivosmart is the fact that you can get notifications from your phone... there is NO training/health benefit to it over other similar trackers.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    I'm looking at a Vivosmart HR, so I'm following this thread.
    One reason it appeals is that it's waterproof and you can swim in it so it really is 24/7 wearable. The other competition in this price range are not.
    It's my 10lb down reward (almost there!) so I'm curious to see if it helps log more accurately than how I do now just by basically guessing my workouts.
    Let us know whether you get one!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I have the Vivosmart and I love it. Before that I had I was using a Polar HRM but it was older and I was ready for something new. I initially went with the Loop, which I hated but I wanted an activity tracker with a chest strap option. I think the battery life is good. I don't use any notification features though. I like being able to control my music and that that's it. The price was also good and it already worked with the chest strap from my Forerunner.