8 lbs to go to reach my goal weight!

Options
I'm stuck at my current weight with 8 lbs left to lose for my goal weight. I think my body was in starvation mode, if that really is a thing. Its been a week and a half since I've been disciplined about eating healthy every few hours. Any other advice/support is appreciated :-)

Replies

• coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm stuck at my current weight with 8 lbs left to lose for my goal weight. I think my body was in starvation mode, if that really is a thing. Its been a week and a half since I've been disciplined about eating healthy every few hours. Any other advice/support is appreciated :-)

There's a lot out there about eating at certain hours & every so often, etc. However I'm a raw vegan who eats only 3 meals a day; usually spread out about 4-5 hrs apart. If you've hit a plateau I would look at your nutrition and training routine for weak spots. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to talk more :)
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I hit a plateau at around 20lbs I changed up my workouts. I added strength and switched from elliptical to stair stepper. I've heard that if you eat maintenance calories for a few days then go back it trucks your body into losing again. I guess cause your body gets used to eating your current calories? I don't know if that's totally true though. Good luck and congrats on being so close!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    With only & lbs to lose, the rate will be slower. How often do you weigh yourself? Fluctuations are normal. If you weighed only today and 10 days ago, you can't draw any conclusions. There are many reasons there could be no change.
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Change things up. If you normally do mostly cardio, do a few sessions of weight training. Just hang in there!!
  • aliceavery
    aliceavery Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your body adjusts to the "new normal" and that's what causes plateaus-- try actually adding more food for a while like sarahlthrash suggested to get your metabolism up, then cut back to your restricted calories. I'm in the same boat right now and am upping the cardio I do in addition to strength training-- fingers crossed I can bust through too!