Newbie looking for mentor!!

Options
Hi everyone! I am not exactly a newbie to nutrition and exercise but I have been out of it for quite sometime. I am really excited to be making a lifestyle change. A little bit about me:
I'm an executive chef so I love butter and cream but rarely eat it. Actually find it difficult to eat enough throughout the day!
Not only am I an executive chef but a f&b director so I work long hour on my feet constantly moving! Other then that finding time for the gym can be trying but starting Wednesday I will be going. What I'm hoping to find is a fitness pal to help keep me motivated and in return motivate someone else and swap food recipes work outs and what not. If this is something your interested in let do this!!

Replies

• melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Finding time can be the biggest challenge! What sort of workout program will you be doing at the gym?
  • sunflower922
    sunflower922 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cardio for about 30-45 mins and weights if not a weight class at the gym. If I can not make it prior to work I will workout in the small apartment complex gym
  • melissavangulck287
    melissavangulck287 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good for you for having the dedication to get to the gym! I just can't fit it in, so I do all my workouts at home.
  • nm2bsc
    nm2bsc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @sunflower922 most people on here add as many pals as they can and try to stay connected with most. I must admit having a pro chef as a pal sounds pretty good. Add me if you want. I'm here everyday.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ^^^ as above, add as many people as possible, and you will soon weed out the ones that are fake, or that are not doing similar things to yourself or that just dont communicate, that way you will find one or 2 that you gel with and can help you get through it all.....

I have all my stuff at home so I have no excuse not to work out.....

I also work in a chocolate factory, so I know how temptation at work goes....lol
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    On every day, a great cheerleader and would love to have a Chef friend :-)
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    You can add me if you want. No pro chef, but I love to cook and trade recipes, log every day, and workout 5-6 times a week (mostly walking/running and some HIIT resistance training). In my 4 year journey I've lost 110 pounds, and no longer have to use injectable insulin for my type 2 diabetes.