Not hitting macro goals help

Options
Hey everyone need some help if possible?

I'm not hitting my macro goals

Carbs 30%
Fat 30%
Protein 40%

I was wondering if anyone could suggest meal plans for me that would help

Thank you

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you opened your diary it would help - Settings, bottom left, set to public.

40% protein is generally regarded as excessive and would probably require a lot of soulless chicken breast or protein shakes.

So greek yoghurt, lean meats, protein shakes, milk etc should feature.
  • paulskinner36
    paulskinner36 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply

I have made my diary public

I know I have a PT for 4 sessions and I'm on a 9 day detox started Monday gone I really struggle with nutrition
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I shoot for a 35c/30f/35p macro split. You're welcome to look at my diary.
  • yarwell
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks, in general you are over on carbs (and sugar) while under on protein. I think your protein goal is too high but setting that to one side you need to be eating things with more protein and less sugar/carbs. Your fruit intake is quite high and isn't in line with your goals.

If you want to hit 30 / 30 / 40 then you don't want a lot of stuff in there which is 93 / 3 / 4 (banana, as an example).

Honey, oats, the nakd bars and the Ferrero Rocher aren't a good fit either. If you go through your diary and identify the items where carbs are the biggest number then you need less of them as your goal is to have more grams of protein than carbs. A banana flavoured protein bar is a better fit than a banana.
  • paulskinner36
    Options
    Thank u that's a great help.

Yeah that would be good I wouldn't mind at looking at your diary of you can tell me how too?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Anyone (not everybody, but most) would struggle to reach 40% protein. What is the detox for/from?
  • paulskinner36
    Options
    Weight loss week 1
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply

I know I have a PT for 4 sessions and I'm on a 9 day detox started Monday gone I really struggle with nutrition

There is no such thing as a Detox unless you are in the hospital.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Macro ratios aren't a thing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply

A PT is not qualified to talk to you about nutrition.
  • yarwell
    Options
    Thank u that's a great help.

Yeah that would be good I wouldn't mind at looking at your diary of you can tell me how too?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/kwtilbury
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    30% protein is plenty.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eggs, eggs whites, egg whites, and eggs! :p
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    +1 on the fact that 40% of protein is excessive. Personal trainers (assuming that's what you mean by PT) are not qualified to give you nutrition advice. I mean, neither are we, but you have access to google right?

35% makes sense in certain circumstances, like a woman with a relatively low TDEE who is nursing and trying to eat a deficit at the same time, but it is the very upper limit of reasonable.

It is really beyond me why a person with no serious medical conditions would try to eat that high a percentage of protein. Your poor kidneys.
  • anthony_o1
    anthony_o1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    40% protein is quite high assuming your not a power lifter even then it's a hard goal to reach, I'm doing it now and am struggling. But if you can reach it props to you but I would recommend going lower and bumping up your fats and carbs until you have a stable and we'll set out diet plan.

All the best buddy
  • AmberLeannnn
    AmberLeannnn Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    40% meaning? It should be measured in grams. How many g's are you shooting for?
    I love 0% Greek yogurt, eggs, ground turkey (I flavor it like taco meat), salmon, chia seeds, chicken breasts & thighs..etc.
  • paulskinner36
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying
    Think I have it all under control now it defo helps looking at other peoples diary's