Gluten free no results?

Options
I've heard from sooo many that going gluten free helped them to drop A LOT of weight, and I'm doing it for more reasons than that it's also supposed to help my Hashimoto's disease, but i've been gluten free for like 3 weeks now and I haven't seen a difference in weight loss/size! I don't know if it just takes longer or what but I was hoping for some results by now! Anyone else gone through or going through this?

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Gluten free replacement products can be worse calorie wise. If you want results, drop all grains, legumes, dairy, chemicals and refined sugar. Eat meat, nuts, fish, as many green veggies as you want, extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, small amounts of fruit and honey.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Gluten free replacement products can be worse calorie wise. If you want results, drop all grains, legumes, dairy, chemicals and refined sugar. Eat meat, nuts, fish, as many green veggies as you want, extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, small amounts of fruit and honey.

Amen Sista!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You may also need to do a yeast kill off with the advice of a doctor. It takes a minute for your body to dispose of junk and some of those folks prob had some kind of allergy they were reacting to. Keep going if it helps other issues so that you feel better and can continue to work towards your goal.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've noticed they are higher in calories but I still count calories on here and usually do pretty good. I LOVE dairy so I don't know how im supposed to give that one up, I don't eat a whole lot of it but I still have it. I love the EVCO but i don't know what to put it on other than Jasmine rice. I only eat beans every blue moon and have a piece of gluten free bread every few days. I definately still get my sugar though, mostly in natural form but I get a sweet tooth more than anything. Maybe I'll see the results soon...
  • megansprague
    Options
    My dad has Celiac Disease so he has to eat GF all the time (and most of my dinners are GF when I eat at home). He doesn't go for the GF substitutes, like pancake mix or brownie mix or muffins. His lunches are always leftovers from dinner and dinner is always fresh food, cooked simply (a lot of rice -- I'm sick of it haha). Try Glutino for bread and pretzels and Van's waffles and greek yogurt. And don't expect a TON of weight loss. My dad lost a bit at first (10 or 15 lbs, I'm not sure) but really hasn't seen a difference since and it's been four or five years now. Just be careful with a GF diet b/c your body can become very sensitive to gluten if you do try to reintroduce it into your diet or if any cross-contamination occurs.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    You can check Elanaspantry.com, everydaypaleo.com, comfybelly.com, marksdailyapple.com and robbwolf.com (Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf are primal=paleo + dairy) for recipe ideas. There are MANY great resources out there for recipes. Check out the science behind getting rid of rice, and the GF substitutes if you are interested in really maximizing the gluten free diet.
  • jlm7183
    jlm7183 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A gluten free diet is not meant for weight loss, only for medical reasons. Yes, you can lose weight following a gluten free diet (and any diet for that matter) as long as your are consuming less calories than what your body needs to sustain your current weight. My advice, don't bother with a gluten free diet. It's more trouble than it's worth if you are not diagnosed with celiac disease.