Stuck religeously to calories but no loss..

Options
Anyone else stuck to their calorie count but not lost weight?

Replies

• AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yes. Turns out I was counting wrong
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No. If I have accurately counted my calories I lose weight. How long have you stuck to your calorie count? What's your method for counting your calories? Do you eyeball portions or do you use a food scale?

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food? Otherwise, your counts are probably off. You can't just use measuring cups and spoons, you HAVE to weigh on a food scale for true accuracy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Can you give us a little more detail? What are your stats? How long have you been losing weight and how much have you lost total? How long has it been since you lost? How do you determine how much you're eating (i.e. food scale/measuring cups/eyeballing portions)? How much, if any, of your exercise calories do you eat back?
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back all your exercise calories? (Try to only eat back half). Weigh everything. Log every single thing eg butter on bread, milk in tea, oil in cooking.
  • hayyleyj
    hayyleyj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hayyleyj wrote: »

Ho. I have weighed every single thing ive eaten. Two weeks. All fruit and veg meat and some carbs. No snacks or sugars. Have counted every drink. :'(
  • hayyleyj
    Options
    Are you eating back all your exercise calories? (Try to only eat back half). Weigh everything. Log every single thing eg butter on bread, milk in tea, oil in cooking.

I dont eat any exercise calories
  • hayyleyj
    Options
    Im allowed 1200 calories. I weigh 9 stone 2 and would like to get back to 8.5 stone. Which ive been all my adult life untill around 6 months ago
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    19q853v8klc0.jpg

This flow chart is awesome - thanks!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Ho. I have weighed every single thing ive eaten. Two weeks. All fruit and veg meat and some carbs. No snacks or sugars. Have counted every drink. :'(

You are not weighing everything. I just looked in yesterday and you have things like "0.25 tin", "1 cup", "2 tortilla" etc.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    To weigh more accurately it's best to weigh everything in grammes - look for the entries that in the database that give you the option of 100g or 1g and avoid the entries that are in cups. (I don't sweat too much about things like weighing a tortilla down to the last gramme, but I avoid cup measurements like the plague as they're not accurate).
  • hayyleyj
    Options
    I weigh at home as my fitness pal takes forever to sort. But im 100% under or bang on my calories perhaps two weeks is too short a notice. I find the iput thing really confusing and sometimes it doesnt have a 1g option so i have to round up to the 1/4 tin etc? Maybe i need a different app? Or just stick with my mini sclaes and paper.

I dont do any excercise at all. Perhaps its that?

• eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I weigh at home as my fitness pal takes forever to sort. But im 100% under or bang on my calories perhaps two weeks is too short a notice. I find the iput thing really confusing and sometimes it doesnt have a 1g option so i have to round up to the 1/4 tin etc? Maybe i need a different app? Or just stick with my mini sclaes and paper.

I dont do any excercise at all. Perhaps its that?

I'm confused. If you're not logging your weighted foods into MFP, how do you know your calories are accurate? And if you can't find an entry with grams, then check the package and edit the entry in the database. Users submitting and correcting entries is how this place builds an accurate database, and it helps other members. You just admitted you're rounding you foods to non-weighted entries, so your logging really isn't accurate. Exercise isn't essential to weight-loss (though it's good for your overall health); it's all calories in, calories out.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Give it more time.
  • hayyleyj
    Options
    I write it all down at home calorie wise. But yes i agree i should kearn to use the app. Others users can then help me more too.

Im not very good at technology.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You only have 9lbs to lose, it may take time. 2 weeks isn't a long enough time assess whether it's working or not. You could be mid-cycle which is causing you to retain water.