Emotional eating

Options
I don't drink, or smoke, or anything like that. but I love food, it is my one comfort but I really need to lose weight.

Does anyone else do the same thing? how do you over come it? And have you managed to lose weight? :)

Replies

• fAithh0pel0ve
    fAithh0pel0ve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am the same way :( it's very hard!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You overcome it by acknowledging that eating doesn't make anything better. Instead, now you have all the problems plus you feel guilt. It's a vicious cycle. When does it stop? Only you can decide that. You can try dealing with issues one at a time, plan out what you can do to make things better - what you can do that doesn't involve food, but actually dealing with the things that are making you feel like you need comfort.
  • saralthrash
    saralthrash Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You overcome it by acknowledging that eating doesn't make anything better. Instead, now you have all the problems plus you feel guilt. It's a vicious cycle. When does it stop? Only you can decide that. You can try dealing with issues one at a time, plan out what you can do to make things better - what you can do that doesn't involve food, but actually dealing with the things that are making you feel like you need comfort.

Yes!!! I used to be really bad about emotional eating. I still get the urge when I'm stressed. I want chocolate or pastries. But I've started asking myself, why do I want this snack? And usually it helps me think more rationally and I am less likely to binge. I still slip sometimes but changing my habits is going to be a long process. Worth all the effort!!

• nsfd27
    nsfd27 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this. I was in a bad marriage where both of us didn't smoke or drink so we turned to food. I went from 220 to 324 in a year. After we decided it wasn't working we decided to go separate ways. Afterwards I have lost 124 pounds. If there's in any way I can be of assistance or maybe you could offer me some advice....please feel free to add me and perhaps we can help one another through this.
  • TReccs4
    TReccs4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support, guys :) some really great advice and hopefully can overcome it, too.