Day One.

Options
cassondraplass2020
cassondraplass2020 Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Today is day one for me and I couldn't be more excited and afraid. Getting motivated to start this journey hasn't been easy whatsoever. But I'm learning to put myself first and this is what needs to be done. If anybody has any routines , tips or helpful hints I'm all ears ! Please & thank you.

Replies

• EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be difficult at times but you just have to remind yourself what made you want to do this in the first place. Find the right people that are actually going to be there to encourage you and support you for real and not the ones that pretend to be there, which I've learned along the way that there are some people on here that can be a bit discouraging and hurtful at times, but try to not let it bother you too much, there are still some great people on here. Also, stay focused. I've learned some great things on here, like counting calories. I haven't noticed a difference yet with my weight loss, but I recently started doing this again a couple weeks ago after getting a Fitbit for Christmas and buying a food scale, so I guess only time will tell. I'm teaching myself to not expect too much too fast because I don't want to feel disappointed. Instead of looking at my major goal weight, I just now started planning my monthly goal weight and I'm going to focus on that. I feel like focusing on reaching 50-100 pounds and whatnot is causing some anxiety for me because I'm not losing the weight, so I'm now planning on how much weight I want to lose within the next month or so, like maybe lose 4-8 pounds in the next 4-6 weeks, then do that every few weeks and see how that works out. Good luck!
  • cassondraplass2020
    cassondraplass2020 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Was going to look at a bigger goal but I can see how that can be discouraging so I'll just think small :)
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just figured that out. I was about to have a total breakdown because I think I gained a pound in a fews days rather than losing it, and I'm like, "how am I ever gonna get to the 100's?!" haha So instead, I'm telling myself to work on the 200's for awhile and then be happy when I do reach the 100's, even if it takes a few months because in the end it will be worth it. So now I'm not even worrying about getting to the 100's. I'm just gonna work on the 200's and then change my goal weight after that until I finally get to where I want to be. :]
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    slowly worm your way into it :) add me if you like x