I gained back over 100lbs, trying to lose it again.

Options
fletchleg13
fletchleg13 Posts: 23 Member
edited January 2016 in Getting Started
A few years ago with mfp and Julian Michaels DVDs, I lost close to 100lbs over 2 years. Since then I've managed to let slip so far (thanks to medication, depression, change of jobs, stress etc) and gained more then what I lost in the first place.

I weighed this morning at 341lbs, at 26 I am close to 350lbs, at my smallest I'm March 2013 I was 235lbs. It's been creeping on since July of 2013 and lost again in a few half hearted attempts to get back on it etc. But last year I just gave up and here I am at over 340lbs. I don't feel this big, I hope I don't look that I weigh that much.
I just want to get back down to my happy place of 230-240lbs where I feel amazing.

This time around, I have a full time job, I have a boyfriend. I don't have e time to wake up leisurely, work out after lunch and then relax and plan meals all afternoon. I have to fit it around seeing my boyfriend and work and that's what's thrown me off before. I need support and advice.

At the moment I've stocked up on shakes, bars and 'Healthy ready meals' to get me through the first few weeks until I figure this out again. And water lots and lots of water. I've got hold of T25 to get a quick workout in a few days a week. I think I can do it again, but then I get SO frustrated that I've done this before, I still feel like I should be able to run a 5k, workout hard for 40 minutes and be fine. I'm struggling starting from zero again and I hate it.

Anyone in similar circumstances would be very much welcome to add me, likewise anyone who wants to share and support and I'll give the same in return.

Lynds x

Replies

• Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynds,

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Lost 60+ lb for my wedding in 2013, had our second daughter in 2014 and just let it all go. Thought I wasn't *that* big, although I obviously knew I'd put some back on...weighed myself this morning and I'm 7 lb HEAVIER than I was at my biggest. Talk about a wake up call! All that work just to end up back here. Feeling pretty miserable today and don't know where to start. I have a husband, 4 year old and 18 month old to buy groceries for every week and don't want to eat rabbit food separately and be miserable for months! I'm thinking maybe I should get a cheap exercise bike as the gym is a no-go due to childcare/work and I can never get the hang of home workouts because I get distracted watching what the kids are doing and don't want to break anything in my house by jumping around! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • NatalieThomas90
    NatalieThomas90 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this, I lost a few stone two year back and when I weighed last Monday (after Christmas and new year indulgence) I was half a stone heavier than my original biggest. I was devastated.

Even though I have lost few pound since re-starting last week it feels like an empty achievement as I'm still not even at my "biggest" I feel like it wont matter until I'm past that weight then making progress - I hope that makes sense...

We must stay positive and take thanks from the fact we have had the balls to start again :) x
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am in the same boat as well. I am at my heaviest and have tried to blame it on menopause, stress and every thing else when I know for sure it is just my bad eating habits. I bought a food scale, I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and 6 on a good week. We are going on vacation in April and I would love to be in a bathing suit. I have 40 pounds to lose and as soon as I stop sabotaging myself I will hit my goal. I do well during the week, but over the weekends I go crazy!! We can do this!!! Feel free to add me as I need as much motivation and support as I can get. I must say that the friends I do have are very supportive and give me good advice, I just need to use it!!! I will be anyone's cheerleader as I know this journey is tough. Good luck everyone!!!
  • irishlad91
    irishlad91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm the same too, I shouldn't have any excuses but I had a break for xmas 2013. I ate anything I wanted and only gained 1lb In around 2 weeks. Took it for granted and gradually went on to regain 80ish lbs of the 110 I had lost but I'm back and I'm not making that mistake again. Yes we can.
  • deviolantte
    deviolantte Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 233 lbs at the moment and I feel really bad. my biggest was just 200 lbs or so but i had a bad time with relationship and everything. So i ate like crazy now I gained lot and the thing is i dont feel big.. I saw myself everyday in the mirror and I feel fine but when I went to shopping for clothes etc, i can not purchase the dress i want because the largest size is not even fit me anymore. So I hope you hang in there and hopefully all of us will strict with it this time! xx
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi I restarted mfp back last year Nov/ Dec after a long break.
    I actually lost weight carrying my second child and looked great after having him, I was still bmi overweight with intentions to lose more , but let things slip, didn't log and almost 30/40 pounds up when he turned 2.
    Ive since lost 1 st 2 and feel so much better.
    It is hard when you have little ones ( I have an 8 &2 year old) a job ( I work from home as a home baker) and a family to cook for but you can do it.
    I haven't done any extra exercise like joining a gym just have my Fitbit and that keeps me accountable to move more and earn some extra cals for the day.

I eat the same I cook for the family ( my husband is a builder and needs his calories ) I just eat a smaller portion of the same and bulk it out with salad or Veggies.
    I prefer eating a larger evening meal and don't really do breakfast , but that suits me.
    Nothing is restricted, nothing is bad. If it fits my daily goal I'm having it
    CICO
    Good luck and add me if you like X
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me - day 185, 552 miles, 31 lbs down and 83 more to go! Get up and move today!!
  • fletchleg13
    fletchleg13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages and adds guys, feeling really motivated at the moment :) so just hopefully it'll stick.
  • kayew636
    kayew636 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im trying to get back in shape myself and i am new to MFP and I still haven't learned how to ask people to be friends. I am a 46 year old woman looking for friends who are trying just like me to get healthy again.
  • ravi_tiwari_786
    ravi_tiwari_786 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Good Luck.. no excuses only hard work