Where my coffee lovers?

Options

Replies

• mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to use creamer and sweetener but slowly took out the creamer and then the sweetener and love just black coffee - it definitely takes some getting used to - but hey so does beer and wine and lots of the good things in life - I will splurge with sugar free whipped cream on the top of my coffee occasionally but usually black gets the job done and everyone I work with thinks I'm a beast ;)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    After trying all of the alternatives I decide that I just prefer my coffee the way I prefer my coffee. With two tablespoons of Coffee Mate. So I log what I drink and I limit that to 2-3 cups a day.
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Try flavored coffee with whole milk, almond milk or fair life (lactose free and I think it's creamier and vanilla tasting), or use just a little bit of an extract with milk for more flavor.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This struggle is real! My suggestion is to slowly wean yourself down. Start by cutting the amount of creamer you use in half. And then add a little bit of milk or almond milk in place of it. A tablespoon of milk is only 10 calories. I still use creamer because I like my coffee light and sweet. But I use one tablespoon of creamer and then about 1/4 cup or less of almond milk. Sometimes I will just use the almond milk and sometimes I drink it black when its a great coffee. If you can cut the calorie content down by about half to start out with, you won't feel like you're missing out too much :)
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use to poison my coffee with all the junk then realized how bad it was for me. I just started drinking black and never turned back. Now I couldn't put anything in my coffee, and still drink it. I agree with others that finding a good coffee, with a taste you like, would help in switching to black. If not black, just try milk, and try putting less and less in until you can possibly quit using it.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have 2 coffees a day. The first one I will put in one tablespoon of creamer. The one I use is only 35 calories per tablespoon. My second coffee will just have a splash of milk in it.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee too. Like probably too much and I'll work the rest of my day to have those 100 cals or so.

I know there's a lot of junk in creamers, so I tried subbing in 2oz of milk mixed with my protein powder. It did make it thicker and creamier, but I gagged the last few sips down. I don't know how people do that. It was not good.

The whipped cream stuff intrigues me though. Might be worth a shot!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I use milk. Better protein content.

Yup, me too. Whole milk, I just fit it in.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    subaru2016 wrote: »
    There's some things I don't trade off and coffee with creamer is one of them, but now that I'm understanding all the crappy stuff that's in the creamer, I'm willing to switch off to something else that's a bit more healthier. I'm trying the whipping cream...Q: does it make coffee creamy? I love the texture of creamer. thanks for all the creamer replacement suggestions.

I think half-and-half is closer to the consistency of artificial cream than heavy whipping cream is. Plus you can use more for the same number of calories :smile:
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Ugh . . . NOT what I expected in a thread about loving coffee.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Buy good coffee. Drink it black or use two tablespoons of half and half and two packs of sugar. I buy mine from a fancy pants store sometimes. Today I got French Toast beans...Delicious.
  • SavannahNoelle97
    SavannahNoelle97 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I love coffee. I mean I love coffee creamer. Help how do I make it better for me without cutting it out.

Waldenfarms.com sells coffee creamer with zero calories, carbs, sugar, and fat. They may be a little on the expensive side though, depending on how much you use at a time. (I basically drink creamer with a shot of coffee
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So I love coffee. I mean I love coffee creamer. Help how do I make it better for me without cutting it out.

Waldenfarms.com sells coffee creamer with zero calories, carbs, sugar, and fat. They may be a little on the expensive side though, depending on how much you use at a time. (I basically drink creamer with a shot of coffee

I used to put their pancake syrup in my coffee to sweeten it :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Glad you clarified. Most people confuse the two.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    I use milk. Better protein content.

Yup, me too. Whole milk, I just fit it in.

Snap. But I'm English, we don't do creamers over here. Pretty much everyone uses milk, or has black coffee.
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue... i was just looking online for homemade creamers... i am going to be trying these out.

Homemade Coffee Creamers
    Serves: 32 for each creamer
    To make a full batch of coffee creamer, stir in the ingredients below with 4 cups of skim milk or almond milk. Simmer on the stove top and whisk until all ingredients are evenly distributed and mixed well and the mixture begins to steam. Let cool for 10 minutes and store in the refrigerator for 7-10 days. You can adjust amounts if desired to add more or less flavor.

Cinnamon Burst Coffee Creamer
    Ingredients
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3 tbsp brown sugar
    Directions
    Simply add to coffee and enjoy!
    Nutrition Facts (per 2 tablespoons): 16 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 13 mg sodium, 3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 1 g protein

Brown Sugar & Caramel Coffee Creamer
    4 tbsp brown sugar
    Nutrition Facts (per 2 tablespoons): 17 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 13 mg sodium, 3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 1 g protein

White Chocolate Coffee Creamer
    1/2 cup white chocolate chips
    1 tsp. cocoa powder
    Nutrition Facts (per two tablespoons): 25 calories, 1 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 15 mg sodium, 3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 1 g protein
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I also use Torani sugar free syrup, and I can find it at the supermarket in the coffee aisle.

I gradually weaned myself down from 2 cream 2 sugar in my coffee to just 1 milk, and sometimes I use the syrup.

Last week I treated myself to a container of Cinnabon coffee creamer, but it's 35 calories for 15ml... 15 ml is not enough for anything, I don't know they use such a small portion, I need to use at least 30ml for it to flavor a medium sized coffee.
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    better coffee doesn't need creamer
    i like door county coffee and archer farms is good too, plus i have a lot of local roasters around here

This exactly! Door County Coffee = SO GOOD!
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you have to really want it. I am a lover of coffee.. Ahem cream and sugar. Now, I put 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk with a cup of coffee. Do I miss coffee (7 days
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    20likenow wrote: »
    Honestly, you have to really want it. I am a lover of coffee.. Ahem cream and sugar. Now, I put 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk with a cup of coffee. Do I miss coffee (7 days

Yes I miss my sugar and creamer. I love the calorie count without it though. I don't know where the rest of my post went.