suggestion for food to eat

Options
am running out of ideas on what food to eat I want to have variety of food so I won't get bored eatin any suggestion?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey.
    Fish: Herring, cod, salmon, tuna.
    Eggs: Soft boiled, hard boiled, omelet, scrambled.
    Vegetables: Carrots, peas, onion, broccoli, lettuce, tomato, cucumber.
    Legumes: Dried beans, peas, lentils.
    Fruit and berries: apples, pears, oranges, bananas, strawberries, melon.
    Dairy: Milk, cheese, yogurt.
    Nuts: Peanuts, almonds, cashews.
    Starches: Rice, pasta, bread, potato, sweet potato, corn, oatmeal.
    Fats: Olive oil, oil for cooking, butter.
    Condiments and randoms: Mustard, mayo, shrimps, cocoa, honey.

Google [ingredients+recipe]
  • lavandermean2014
    lavandermean2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Look up healthy recipes, I too have to have a variety or I'll cave. I like chicken rice/quinoa bowls. ground turkey meatloaf, veggie omlettes and I made some homemade protein bars that were like eating a dessert (no preservatives). Get creative, there are some great recipes online - for free! Goodluck.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I also look online for healthier versions of my favorite foods. It is amazing how many of the high calorie foods can be redone to be low calorie.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my blog here on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GsKiki I started sharing recipes there recently and plan on adding more every week.
  • lavandermean2014
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your recipes with me I will definetly check your blog. I need all the support and motivation to lose weight for health reasons. Thanks again

Lavander
  • lavandermean2014
    Options
    Thanks Lizzy! Will do your suggestion.

Lavander
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I also look online for healthier versions of my favorite foods. It is amazing how many of the high calorie foods can be redone to be low calorie.

• lavandermean2014
    Options
    Hi happysherri! Thank you your comment and suggestion. I will try that omelet and those protein bar and the rest if the food u mention .

Lavander
    Look up healthy recipes, I too have to have a variety or I'll cave. I like chicken rice/quinoa bowls. ground turkey meatloaf, veggie omlettes and I made some homemade protein bars that were like eating a dessert (no preservatives). Get creative, there are some great recipes online - for free! Goodluck.