Snacks without carbs.

Options
tracefan
tracefan Posts: 382 Member
I need decent snacks.. not too much fat, no carbs and just something other than veggies. I do hard boiled egg, yogurt, hummus, anything interesting????

Replies

• augsburger96
    augsburger96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are pretty good.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    if you are okay with a few carbs try pickles wrapped in salami with cream cheese. so good!
  • stopeatingout
    stopeatingout Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    chicken breast and cheese
  • DerangedPixi
    DerangedPixi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No carbs? Ice.. seriously most everything has some value of carbohydrate unless its pure protein - even your eggs have carbs in them.
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    string cheese!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Meat. That's about it.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Try lettuce wraps? They can be simple like deli meat, cucumber and dressing. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/04/roast-beef-and-cucumber-lettuce-wrap.html Or something more elaborate like a thai chicken filling.

Veggie soup is always good too.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    I need decent snacks.. not too much fat, no carbs and just something other than veggies. I do hard boiled egg, yogurt, hummus, anything interesting????

Yogurt has carbs. Veggies also have carbs.

Quest bars definitely have carbs.

OP - When you say "no" carbs, do you actually mean no carbs or do you mean a small amount of carbs? Foods with zero or close to zero carbs are easy - meat, cheese, eggs. Boom. Foods with a small amount of carbs would be your vegetables, Greek yogurt, avocado, lunch meat, avocado, certain nuts, cottage cheese, etc. Low carb AND low fat just isn't a thing - you can either have low carb or low fat, but there are very few foods that are both. And there's absolutely no reason to have a diet that is low in fat and carbs.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Boy, it all goes down so much better with a little carbs or a little fat. Like nuts. Or crackers for your hummus.

How about PB2 mixed with water and put on a celery stick?

Low fat turkey jerky.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make ham and egg cups a dozen at a time so I have a quick snack to grab. There is only .5 net carbs and they fill you up. I also do celery with almond butter, pepperoni chips, fat bombs, nuts, string cheese, etc. Good luck!
  • smilezishere
    smilezishere Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Completely zero carbs would be just meat. I occasionally make lean ground turkey with onion meatballs to snack on. But veggies has carbs as well but very minimal.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I just made a waffle with one scoop protein, one egg, baking powder and a bit of water to thin the batter and it was amazing. Super low carb, high protein. You can top it with sugar free syrup, bacon, peanut butter, nuts etc
  • tracefan
    Options

I eat those in the morning.. for a meal. That is my limit for carbs usually
  • tracefan
    Options
    The only snack that isn't too bad.. is RICOTTA CHEESE.. part skim.. mixed with vanilla extract and stevia.. Weird but good and filling.. I just thought I could find something different. I usually have this if I'm starving at night.
  • tracefan
    Options
    if you are okay with a few carbs try pickles wrapped in salami with cream cheese. so good!

This is different; I may try this. Thanks.
  • tracefan
    Options
    VainFlake wrote: »
    No carbs? Ice.. seriously most everything has some value of carbohydrate unless its pure protein - even your eggs have carbs in them.

ha ha ha .. ICE YUM!!!! a little carbs are ok.. just don't want to overdo.. I'm so tired of all the same crap. lol
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Babybel Cheese
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Have you heard of MIMS? Muffins in a minute, made with ground flaxseed, anywhere from 1 to 6 net carbs per muffin and delicious. PM me if you would like to see recipes. There are lots of variations on the basic recipe.
  • Siobhan256
    Siobhan256 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Quest bars have lots of carbs. They're delicious and have heaps of protein & fibre but with the fibre comes carbs.
    Try a 95g tin of tuna or 100g of chicken breast. I keep tins of tuna with chilli at work.
  • sofakingblonde
    sofakingblonde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Have you heard of MIMS? Muffins in a minute, made with ground flaxseed, anywhere from 1 to 6 net carbs per muffin and delicious. PM me if you would like to see recipes. There are lots of variations on the basic recipe.

May I have that recipe? Sounds good!