Today is my first day on this journey

Options
Yesterday I went to the gym, even if I ate horible all day. I decided that the only way I actually try to eat healthy is when I work out because I don't want my work out to be for no reason lol. Anyway today I stepped on the scale and I was SO suprised to see the number on the scale. I can't believe how much weight I've gained. I really need some motivation to keep pushing, it's my first day trying to do this. What do you guys tell yourselves to keep pushing?

Replies

• stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "This fat isn't going to lose itself". :p

Also, looking at the mirror and not liking what I see.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey! This is my first week here so I'm kind of new too!
    I've decided that enough is enough and I need to get healthy. I'm not on a diet though.
    I hate the word diet, it just sounds negative to me. I prefer to think of it as a lifestyle change!
    I'm eating healthier foods, experimenting in the kitchen, getting outside more (I hate the gym) and still allowing myself small treats.
    A friend of mine recently lost a lot of weight and looks absolutely gorgeous. It made me see that the sooner I start, the sooner I can reach that point too. It doesn't just happen on it's own, you've got to do it.
    Feel free to add me on here, i'm on everyday :)
  • SizeTenByTeatime
    SizeTenByTeatime Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Imaging what the skinnier you will be like - in looks, clothes, etc. Plus - yes - 'that four stone isn't going to lose itself' is also a regular mantra!
  • fyoung1111
    fyoung1111 Posts: 109 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First of all, you used the word journey. That is what it is—not a sprint. Thinking in terms of a couple of years will be more likely to get it off and keep it there than a quick 10 lb. diet.

Second, fitness is important for good health but exercise is a pretty dull tool of weight loss if that is your primary goal. For example, to offset a supersized McDonald's lunch will all of the trimmings (1,580 calories) a 150 lb. person would have to walk about 19 miles or run 14 just to cancel it out. Better to skip the Big Mac and fries and concentrate on eating the right number of calories every day.

Write down a list of all of the reasons you want to be thin or at least thinner. Have a quick look at that list several times per day. I know it sounds lame but it is actually very effective.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that I didn't gain it all in one day. So I certainly can't expect to lose it that quickly.
  • kenneykat
    kenneykat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I was most successful, it was with a goal/trip in mind. It happened to be the only time that I was most motivated to cut excuses and get to the gym 6/7 days out of a week. It helped that I had a trainers plan, though.

This is my first day here, too! Let's be friends and push each other if you'd like!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    "This fat isn't going to lose itself". :p

Also, looking at the mirror and not liking what I see.

Love this!!!! :p
  • kbrouthers
    kbrouthers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! That's what I've been telling myself this go around.