Looking to lose 20 and learn how to weight lift. I need help sticking with this!

Options
People often tell me I don't look like I need to lose weight but I am not comfortable this size. I have always been much thinner naturally and I just don't feel like myself. I would like to lose 20 -25 lbs. I'm having trouble sleeping, I have acid reflux. I really think I need to make some changes for the better. I'd love to get into weight lifting but feel intimidated by that whole area of the gym. Anyone want to partner up and help a newbie out?? Thanks in advance!! Ayanna

Replies

• TheRunningman1985
    TheRunningman1985 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi theres loads of gyms with ladies only section where you shouldn't feel intimidated. It all really starts with you wanting to do this for you with no excuses . Once you start saying you cant do this for a particular reason you have already been defeated before you even started. MFP is a great way of tracking your every day steps on your journey towards a new you with friends to cheer you on. Use it to your advantage & believe in yourself.

Add me if you want a real friend
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, hire a trainer. Do your research and find a good trainer, not the cheapest trainer. Look for one that has a background in nutrition and a proven track record with satisfied clients. It will be worth every penny. (Just think about all the medical bills you are avoiding later in life by getting your health on track now.) Plus, by having someone there working with you, it is much less intimidating. You are concentrating on working out rather than wondering if you are doing something right or lifting too much/too little. A good trainer will make you want to go go, want to continue to lift and be your cheerleader.