What are you hoping for from weight loss?

Options
Besides lost weight, I'm hoping for
-Stronger, whiter nails
-Feeling healthier and fitter
-Nicer, softer, stronger hair
-Self confidence
-Better self esteem
-No more or reduced anxiety and depression
-Stronger, whiter nails
-Better clothes choices
etc

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make life easier. I have lupus, and my immune system likes to attack my heart and joints. I can't do anything about that, really, but I can make sure that my body isn't dealing with the extra stress of too much weight when it happens. I hope this gives me a better about at maintaining independence.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    -Reach a healthy weight
    -Have more energy and generally just feel better in myself
    -Be more confident
    -Better clothes choices!
    -Impress my boyfriend
    -Make my mum happy by finally doing it (she worries a lot)
    -Feel accomplished knowing that I set my mind to something and did it!
    -Set a good example for my future patients (i'm a med student)

There's loads more reasons but those are the most important ^^
  • JarrodStowe
    JarrodStowe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to smash a rock with my pectoral and laugh contemptably as it shatters to dust.
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I want to smash a rock with my pectoral and laugh contemptably as it shatters to dust.

I think you are my idol just for that comment ^^
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Fitness. I want to hike Macchu Pichu and Kilimanjaro, I want to scuba the reefs of Australia, and I won't let my body hold me back.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I want to run again, I miss the road. I want to kayak, I want to hike, I want to mountain bike...so many things to do comfortable again.
  • natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I want to be able to look at pictures taken with friends or with my boyfriend and not totally cringe at how round my face is, how chubby my arms are, and how unhappy i look. I want to walk into a party or restaurant and not have to worry about how fat i look, how unflattering my clothes are, and wonder if people are staring at me. I want to feel confidence in myself again. I want my boyfriend to look at me and see the old me! The active version of myself who was always down for anything. The first thing I am hoping for, is to do the small things (running up and down my stairs, putting on boots & socks etc) without huffing and puffing about it.
  • GettinFit4my3
    GettinFit4my3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be healthier, feel better for myself and my kids, I want to look better and be more confident about myself. I want to be able to run and play with my kids without running out of breath.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i want my outside to match my inside. I want to be healthier and have great aerobic capacity. i want to be in the healthy weight range for my height. i would like to wear mediums in juniors again and small in misses. i'm hoping to be able to run faster and get closer to my weight ideal for running. i am hoping for a sub 2:30 for my HM
    i want to have less flares with my myalgia