do I have the wrong idea??

Options
can someone define what "support" is on mfp? after the intial friend request email and reply...nothing. I posted asking how everyone was doing being that this is a day to day process and nothing. Im an old newbie w/ few pals and zero communication. bummer!

Replies

• Reneebycakes
    Reneebycakes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Some people are more active/social than others and some don't take the friend part too seriously. Keep reaching out and I'm sure you'll find a crew of more like minded folks in time.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Search the forums for like minded people with similar goals that are active. Maybe not people with 100s of friends, as they likely don't communicate much with them. Reach out to them personally, maybe even chat a little, before extending a friend request. I did this and developed a nice, active, very supportive group of friends.
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    ^ agree I have been on here since 2010 and I have a great group of friends and we support each other. Most of the time you cannot talk to everyone everyday but I make an attempt to like what their logging.
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i know some people have so many friends on here that there is no way to keep up with all of them. I try to go thru and like or comment on any updates. But i cant hit everyone. i do have a couple people and we carry on a private conversation back and forth. but my theory is going to be, if you wont comment or reach out to me or show me support, then i will have to delete a few. eventually you wil find the right group.
  • CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Search the forums for like minded people with similar goals that are active. Maybe not people with 100s of friends, as they likely don't communicate much with them. Reach out to them personally, maybe even chat a little, before extending a friend request. I did this and developed a nice, active, very supportive group of friends.

i did exactly that. i was recently sleeved in dec and reached out to sleevers to have someone to bounce experiences off of being that its a very difficult change and maybe get guidance along the way.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Here is a nice daily commitment thread that's pretty interactive. I've found it very helpful. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10099482/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread#latest
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Go to Groups and see if there's a group that's sharing your fitness goal that you can join! The nice thing about groups is that someone is nearly always logged in to provide support and encouragement. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

i did exactly that. i was recently sleeved in dec and reached out to sleevers to have someone to bounce experiences off of being that its a very difficult change and maybe get guidance along the way.

Have you looked in the Group section (top, left side)? I bet there are a few groups specific to what you are looking for. Click on the Join button, and you can pull up your groups anytime.

Here's an example: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108453-gastric-bypass-band-and-sleeve-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108975-weight-loss-surgery-group