Weighing less at night??

Options
I honestly cant find anything one this and want to know what you all think?
I have tested this for the past week and so far I have weighed MUCH less at night before bed then when i wake up

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal for your weight to vary by several lbs throughout the day.
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes but usually I weigh more at night, not the other way around, makes me think something is wrong
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes but usually I weigh more at night, not the other way around, makes me think something is wrong

Why? I'm not sure what could be wrong that would cause you to weigh less at night specifically, but if you are worried about a medical problem, see your doctor.

If you are worried that your scale is wrong, change the batteries.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Repeated for emphasis:
    It's perfectly normal for your weight to vary by several lbs throughout the day.

A simple solution would be to discontinue the practice of weighing yourself multiple times each day.
  • ladywishingstar
    Options
    I dont know, if nothing is coming up about weighing less at night I just think something is wrong with my body.. Although, probably me being paranoid. I am a hypochondriac.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I've heard people say this before. Perfectly normal for some people to weigh less at night than in the morning
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I honestly cant find anything one this and want to know what you all think?
    I have tested this for the past week and so far I have weighed MUCH less at night before bed then when i wake up

If you are using the same scale, in the same location, in the same state of dress, that is indeed odd for you to weigh more at night.
  • ladywishingstar
    Options
    I am trying to keep myself to only weighing on Mondays now, but its just something I have noticed. Thank you all for reassuring me. I have never experienced weight loss throughout the day and gain when I wake up. IT just confused me?
  • Chaagy
    Chaagy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have seen this exact phenomena myself and to date, have never received a good response to this. I thought it would be scientifically impossible. I'm not obsessing, I'm just trying to understand too. I have weighed myself before going to bed, and having not eaten or drunk anything during the night, and then I weigh more in the morning. In terms of physics and science, where am I getting this additional weight from. Am I absorbing it? :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is really nothing to understand. It's just the way your body works. Try weighing yourself every hour on the hour all day long and see how your weight fluctuates.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Chaagy wrote: »
    I have seen this exact phenomena myself and to date, have never received a good response to this. I thought it would be scientifically impossible. I'm not obsessing, I'm just trying to understand too. I have weighed myself before going to bed, and having not eaten or drunk anything during the night, and then I weigh more in the morning. In terms of physics and science, where am I getting this additional weight from. Am I absorbing it? :)

Perhaps you were full of gas before going to bed and expelled that gas during the night. Like a balloon filled with helium will weigh less than the same balloon deflated.