New Here

Options
Hi all. I'm new to the community - looking for support. I've been here a week and I've lost 2.6 lbs. Then I gained a pound back. Who does that? Grrrr.

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Who does that? Pretty much everybody. Weight fluctuates, a lot. It's just a measurement of how much gravity is affecting you at that particular moment. Focus on eating a good diet (eating fewer calories than you burn), adding exercise to increase your overall fitness level, and pay attention to how your clothes fit you. Those are (in my opinion) way more important then what the scale happens to read at any given time. Best of luck!
  • LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Happens to every one water weight sometimes i always give or take on the scale im218 but im to 220 on mfp not many retain the same weight in the morning at night add me
  • heatherbee93
    heatherbee93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Graymanstole, awesome advice! I definitely took something away from it!

Marchel2016, don't drive yourself nuts over 1 lb, especially in a week. Losing 1.6 lbs in a week is still an accomplishment. Try to celebrate what you have done, rather than being disappointed in yourself for not meeting expectations. That's not to say you shouldn't set goals, but if you don't meet them tell yourself "It's ok, I'll get it next time!" rather than being discouraged. That's what I'm trying to live by anyway, hope this helps!

Feel free to friend me, I'm 15 lbs in to a 160 lb weight loss goal. Will be posting on MFP every day, looking to motivate and stay motivated! Good luck on your journey!
  • Marchel2016
    Marchel2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful advice! I've since gained back 1lb., more, but I have noticed that my clothes are fitting me better. I'm still going!