Ali pill

Options
A friend of mine bought me the Ali pills. I have not used them. I need to lose about 50lbs...I was wondering has anyone used them be4? should i use them? does it actually help? I know they are FDA approved but then again I'm not sure what i think about the pills.... i have done some research but i have not found if doctors are OK with people taking them. anyways let me know what you guys think.

Replies

• BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I took ali about two yrs ago, and lost a good amount of weight fairly fast. BUT once I stopped taking them (because I couldnt afford the reffills) I gained all the weight I lost, plus more. And if you do decide to take them...NEVER go over your fat, you will have horrible "side effects"
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Would you like to **** yourself all day long?? Then sure take them!

Just stay here, count your calories and exercise.... you dont need pills!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    Here's my two cents:
    any way you lose weight that is NOT through eating well and exercise will not help you keep the weight off. Weight loss (for the most part, unless there's an underlying medical problem) is about self control, feeding your body well, being active and in return you will look great. Pills and fad diets may help take the weight off....but ask yourself HOW is it doing that? Just because FDA approves something does't make it ok.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    A guy I worked with used them. He lost a good bit of weight, but said you have to be very careful about what you eat. If you eat high fat foods, you should be very near a restroom!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Haven't heard anything GOOD about the pills...MFP is all you need to lose weight - don't rely on drugs, etc. to get you where you want to be!:flowerforyou:
  • rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Be very careful not to go over your allowed fat grams. Something horribly orange will start coming out of you. Guess from where...
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    as long as you watch what you eat and eat low fat
  • mom_2_girls
    mom_2_girls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost about 60 lbs when I was working out and dieting off and on about 1 1/2 yrs ago (about 4 months total of really dieting). I kept everything off but about 10 lbs. I purchased mine at Sams Club bc the refills 170 count for under $70 was the cheapest found. They lasted a long time bc I did not take them with every meal. They are to be taken only if you eat fat. I did not waste the pills on Items that only contained good fats or a minimal amount, less than 2 g fat, bc the pill only takes away 25% of fat cals. I am considering going back on them myself. As for the side effects, the longer you take them the less severe reactions you will have, you will learn to guage how your body reacts. The only time I ever had a real problem was when I was on a road trip and ate nothing but fast food for at least 5 meals. The next day was not fun (at a store no less). It does make you watch what you eat so that you have less problems. I think they are a good tool to help people lose weight. Hope this helps.
  • mom_2_girls
    mom_2_girls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any amount of fat will have the side effect of orange oil stuff. That is your body not absorbing the fat. It is proof that the pill works.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    A guy I worked with used them. He lost a good bit of weight, but said you have to be very careful about what you eat. If you eat high fat foods, you should be very near a restroom!
    This is the same as my story. I like it, I didn't have any of the horrible side effects like leaking or cramps but I really watched what I ate. If you eat something that's high in fat, fried or from a fast food restaurant you will probably have diarrhea, loose stools, etc because the pill is blocking a third of the fat from being absorbed in your intestines and getting rid of it asap.

The only thing that I didn't like was the cost of the pills, it's expensive.I still have about half a bottle in my bathroom but I don't think I'm going to use it.
  • IamLyssa
    IamLyssa Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks you guys! that helped a lot...maybe for now i will stick to MFP and like one of you said if i have trouble losing my last 10lbs then i might use them, besides I'm not really eating anything in high fat. :) anyways thanks for all the wonderful information.
  • mrstyler
    mrstyler Posts: 43
    Options
    I lost about 60 lbs when I was working out and dieting off and on about 1 1/2 yrs ago (about 4 months total of really dieting). I kept everything off but about 10 lbs. I purchased mine at Sams Club bc the refills 170 count for under $70 was the cheapest found. They lasted a long time bc I did not take them with every meal. They are to be taken only if you eat fat. I did not waste the pills on Items that only contained good fats or a minimal amount, less than 2 g fat, bc the pill only takes away 25% of fat cals. I am considering going back on them myself. As for the side effects, the longer you take them the less severe reactions you will have, you will learn to guage how your body reacts. The only time I ever had a real problem was when I was on a road trip and ate nothing but fast food for at least 5 meals. The next day was not fun (at a store no less). It does make you watch what you eat so that you have less problems. I think they are a good tool to help people lose weight. Hope this helps.

I completely agree with this--although I only lost 40 lbs. I had no problems with them until I added an additional medication that also caused loose stools and stomach cramping and so I had to stop them. My doctor reports having many patients that have had great success with them. My major suggestion is to use them to learn to eat healthily. You won't want to take them forever, and you have to get really good about eating well once you get off them, or else it comes right back.

I definitely wish I could still take them because they definitely helped me lose extra weight, which I definitely needed.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Would you like to **** yourself all day long?? Then sure take them!

Just stay here, count your calories and exercise.... you dont need pills!

Lmao! It's true though