Not enough calories ???

Options
I If I look at my results I'm not eating enough calories, fat and protein. Do I eat enough?

Replies

• miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It depends. How many calories are you eating a day?
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Everyone will tell you if we can't see your diary we can't help.....
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    MFPs recommendations for fat and protein are pretty wierd. It allows way more fat and less protein than experts suggest. I adjusted my calorie balance manually according to the nutritional suggestions of the Cleveland Clinic (as they are leaders in cardiac health).

It is OK if you aren't eating enough calories, as long as you are consuming at least 1200 per day.
  • PestoPup
    PestoPup Posts: 6
    Options
    Nutritionists say that if you are not eating a minimum of 1100-1200 calories a day you are not getting all the nutrients you need. Additionally if you do not eat enough calories your body will begin storing as much fat as it can vs burning it.
  • JennToll
    JennToll Posts: 2
    Options
    Yesterday I ate 825 callories, I was in - 26 in protein !?! It is kind of scary to eat 1240 cal as I did not change my diet that much! I can you see my diary?
  • laineyol
    laineyol Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel the same I find it hard to make up the 1200 calories a day especially if i exercise aswel but i feel eating loads? Im eating healthy foods like salads and tuna a fruit and veg and chicken and also find my protein is -20ish but find protein foods keep me fuller for longer? Any tips to increase calorie intake without eating junk food?? :)