Going over on sugar

Options
mrschappet
mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
Ok so I go over on my sugar intact every day. I think it is caused mostly from my fresh fruit intake and my odwalla bars and protein shake.. should I be worried about going over on sugar? feel free to take a look at my diary and give your feedback. (please ignore those skittles and one waffer cookie from today's diary.... that is not at all a regular thing.. I was hanging out with my niece and nephew today LOL)

thanks everyone :-)

Replies

• mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in a caloric deficit, eating ample protein, and focusing your diet on micronutrient-dense foods, then no, you should not worry.
  • corinnak
    corinnak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong about this, but I have been looking around for information on this topic, and I believe that the rather low number we are given is the upper limit for ADDED sugar given our overall caloric intake. Almost everything I have read says that we don't need to worry as much about the sugars in fruit, vegetables, milk. Unfortunately, the nutritional info does not differentiate between the two.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I manually increased my sugar to 75 - as long as it is coming from nutrient dense foods like fruit and not from chocolate bars and lollies I think it is fine and changing the sugar figure hasn't stopped me reaching my goal weight.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I manually increased my sugar to 75 - as long as it is coming from nutrient dense foods like fruit and not from chocolate bars and lollies I think it is fine and changing the sugar figure hasn't stopped me reaching my goal weight.

ok so how did you change that?i have fiddled around with it but can't figure out how to change numbers.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Chose Custom instead of MFP Recommended and you can change whatever you want. I increased my protein as that is too low.
  • jlm7183
    jlm7183 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find the protein is typically right on track but yes the sugar is too restrictive since the website does not differentiate between added and natural sugars. The recommended daily allowance for added sugar is typically 25grams or less per day. Again, this is ADDED sugar, not natural sugars as in fruit or dairy.