overeating

Options
Seems like im disregarding the mfp guidelines and just beinge eat day after day I feel powerless

Replies

• Reneebycakes
    Reneebycakes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Time to reassess your goals. Why did you join? Why do you want to lose weight, get fit/healthy? What do you want to accomplish long term? If you want it bad enough, you will figure it out.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about the binging
    Is there an additional stress in your life
    Sometimes the worst time to diet is when there are additional factors playing into emotional eating
    Living a healthy lifestyle includes mental and emotional health too
    You have to take care of all parts of you not just the physical body
    "omg i feel fat have to lose weight " is destructive thinking
    punishing yourself does not make you healthy it just makes you feel guilty
    Break it down into smaller steps
    Do you feel guilty about the binging ; that may trigger more binging
    Do you have any trigger foods ;can you stay away from them
    Do you have any people or places that trigger your binging through unkindness ;
    Stay mentally and emotionally healthy be kind to yourself
    And if you do binge remember tomorrow is another day and resolve not to feel guilty
  • walkywish
    walkywish Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Seems like im disregarding the mfp guidelines and just beinge eat day after day I feel powerless

Sorry to hear that 'train2concur' do you have other stresses right now?
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have been in that cycle and still do that some times.... but I always come back to MFP.
    I log no matter what stupid stuff I ate. Some days are bad some are awesome. Hang in there you will get your power soon. Maybe try a yoga class or event at home meditation? Sounds like your mind is not in the right place.
    Healthy Mind Healthy Body!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

But you know that physically you aren't powerless over food. Only you control the amount of food you consume. Take your power back! Remove emotion from food and view it as fuel only. Dig deeper and find out what really fuels the binges and start from there.
  • walkywish
    walkywish Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with BZAH10 - it may be worth writing down what triggers the binge? Or what your emotions are at the time
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get in a rut like that too, and I usually look at my calorie goal and try to raise it by like 100 or 200 calories just so I can actually meet a goal for a little bit, then once I'm reaching a goal and am more on track I lower it again