Diet Tips Needed for Fruit and Vegetable Haters

Options
2»

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Is it possible it's the way the veg have been cooked in the past. I find the southern version of many vegetables to be tasteless over cooked mush though I adore the veggies in all other versions delicious.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    ronmayes wrote: »
    Thanks again for the suggestions. Since I'm basically a meat eater, I'm thinking about working in more turkey burgers, vegiburger, etc.. I can tolerate those quite well, and it seems that they would help to satisfy my appetite. Any thoughts about meat substitutes?

Veggie burgers are tasty, but that's just a name. They don't really provide the nutrition that vegetables do, they're usually made mostly of processed legume proteins.

Turkey burgers definitely do not fit the bill. lol

Seriously dude, put the vegetables in your mouth and be done with it.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    A good buddy of mine eats no fruits and vegetables. (well some veg, but stuff like pasta and potatoes.) We get chinese takeout, he gets chicken fingers and white rice (I know, I know another veg). But I hope you all get it when I say no fruits and veg.

His doctor told him it's a non issue as long as he takes a vitamin and fiber every day.

????????

Is there seriously this much confusion as to what is and isn't a vegetable?

Also, doctors are not nutritionists.
  • Wendy77685
    Wendy77685 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love to cook brussels sprouts with bacon and balsamic vinegar, or season broccoli and roast it in the oven. If you avoid fruits/veggies then just be sure that what you are eating is not processed food and that you get plenty of vitamins and fiber from supplements