Help in Determining Nutrition Data for Chopped Salad Kits

i eat a lot of the Dole and Marketside chopped salad kits that come with the extras like sesame seeds, wonton strips, and the dressings. The nutrition info on the back of the packages always lists per serving assuming that you are using their dressing and their extras that are included. Does anyone have a way to determine the nutrition facts just for the salad itself without the extras? I know the calories for the salad alone would not be significant, and it makes a big difference in posting for my daily caloric intake. I use my own bottled dressing so that part is easy to figure. These companies really need to list the nutritional information for each part of the kit separately so that the individual can assess the nutrition facts. Help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Check the USDA website. Or search the MFP database for the type of lettuce but add "raw usda" to it. Most of it will probably be in grams so be sure you weigh your serving. You can do the same for all the extras- the nuts, fruit, seeds, etc.
  • jjj6689
    jjj6689 Posts: 10 Member
    Call them - is there a number on the bag. I have had good luck calling for the
    nutritional fact of each part of he kits or check their website
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Those kits are mainly a mixture of chopped kale and cabbage (both very low calorie foods). I'd assume equal parts of each, and just log as those ingredients. Whether you measure in cups or grams or even estimate, its not going to much difference at all in the calories.
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    You could also try finding a similar looking bag that doesn't come with the extras and just use that to log for comparable nutritional data. It shouldn't really skew your logging in the long run.