Getting started and keeping going!

Options
Hey all. Desperately after some help/motivation/advice. I know how to lose weight...the simple eat less, move more works for me! About 5 years ago I lost 40lbs and kept it off until 2014 and I had my 2nd baby.
Now baby is 1.5yrs - baby weight is still not gone and every week I "start over" I exercise daily from walking, running, work out videos and my 5km time is down to 30mins. But I cannot get a handle on food. I can stick to healthy eating for a few days to a week and then it all blows up I binge, I eat everything in sight and I feel awful. I know for me my weight loss is 90% about good eating but I just can't get going...I know if I was one/two months in I'd keep going but can't get there.
Does anyone have stories on how they got started and motivation for me? I'm so desperate to do this but feel like a failure (which makes me eat more again!). TIA

Replies

• cattfield7
    cattfield7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of the yummy food! Just eat less.
    I find if I eat like a rabbit for a week, then I absolutely feel like bingeing by the end! Track your calories to stay within your limits, but allow yourself smaller portions of the calorie dense foods you enjoy. Plan accordingly. I have a hard time with the food thing too. The working out is easy, but changing eating habits that you've built for years can be difficult. Try to keep the tempting foods out of your house, while keeping a couple approved treats around for the cravings. I found crispy minis to be a great substitution for chips, and skinny cow ice cream bars are my fav! Sometimes I'll keep a bar of dark chocolate and a square or 2 will kick the sweet tooth. Just keep at it, and don't let your "oops" moments ruin your motivation. We're all human-the important thing is that you don't give up!! Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want an accountability friend, I find having friends on here keeps me I the right mind set!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Try a lower deficit, with protein at every meal, plus higher fiber or higher protein snacks. On a very hungry day I might eat at maintenance. This has worked for me at any rate.
  • startingoveragain2020
    Options
    Thanks for the advice folks, really appreciate it and I will add you if that's ok cattfield7 I need to be accountable!! Thanks again x