Weight Watchers Smart Points

Options
I am on weight watchers online. But I don't like their setup of the "community." Would love to meet people who are also on weight watchers. (:

Replies

• izzacio
    izzacio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I left WW when Smartpoints started but I'll love to be your friend! Lost 30lbs on PointsPlus!
  • JMSSMSMommy
    JMSSMSMommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am back on weight watchers and actually excited about the smart points program. Today I am on track with logging everything in. I am also logging in my fitness pal as well (so much work!) just to see how my calorie intake is and how it relates to my fit bit. We can keep each other in check! : )
  • laurenholt90
    laurenholt90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing WW for 8 weeks. In that time I haven't lost any weight at all. Over xmas I stuck to the plan throughout - to the point I didn't enjoy xmas. After working out how many calories I have been eating on smart points plan I've been over eating by about 550 calories but sticking within points and now I'm very confused and unsure what I should do? Not sure whether to join Slimming World or start counting calories?
  • mminer74
    mminer74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I have been doing WW for 8 weeks. In that time I haven't lost any weight at all. Over xmas I stuck to the plan throughout - to the point I didn't enjoy xmas. After working out how many calories I have been eating on smart points plan I've been over eating by about 550 calories but sticking within points and now I'm very confused and unsure what I should do? Not sure whether to join Slimming World or start counting calories?

I've never understood why they convert everything to points. To me, it is an extra step. I vote for calorie counting, but that's just me - on a calorie counting site, counting calories. :)

To each his own!
  • sarahanne1125
    sarahanne1125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in WW & I've lost 35 lbs, but I've barely lost anything in the last few months, & I'm considering dropping it bc I really dislike the new app...but I love my meeting group & my leader. So I'm torn. I've been tracking both ww & mfp for the last 2 weeks & I'm finding mfp to be a lot easier. I'm not sure what I'm do about ww, but I'm always looking for more accountability friends...add me!
  • CroneStar
    CroneStar Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a member of WW right now but I don't like the new Smart Point system. Also the WW website is a pain to navigate. I'm switching all over to MFP. I also found I'm learning a lot more about nutrition in this community. I think it is because there is a wider range of people here.
  • khristie107
    khristie107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on weight watchers too! I found A Site That Does the Smart Points conversions So I'm Going to try using MFP and the calculator instead of paying for WW which is expensive! Will let you all know how this works out.
  • khristie107
    khristie107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »

I've never understood why they convert everything to points. To me, it is an extra step. I vote for calorie counting, but that's just me - on a calorie counting site, counting calories. :)

To each his own!

I've found with WW that I cannot allow fruit to be free and I cannot eat the weekly points if I want to actually lose weight.
  • Mariluce
    Mariluce Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new here. I started tracking my calories this week. I also count my points at ww but I have been frustrated with the new Smart Points Program. At the ww program, I have extra 42 points for the week to splurge on something that I am craving. Can any of you please let me know how myfitnesspal work? How can I get my indulgences in? What about the exercising? Can you switch calories burnt for food? Please, give me your best advice. I am a binge eater and I am trying to find the best options for me.
    what are your advices? Thank you so much!
  • jgaffney86
    jgaffney86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did WW for about 12 years and lost 80 pounds. I have managed to keep most of it off. The biggest difference to me between like MFP and WW is the Points vs Calories and the food education. Weight Watchers does a fantastic job giviing you a good food education. With MFP you need to dig a little to get this information. Stickies, Blog, Ect. For Cal vs SP....Id rather do the calories now that I have been it for a while now. SO much easier when going out to eat and what not. Also....WW app and website is pretty bad. lol. Main reason why I left.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    After trying lots of different things that don't seem to work for me I signed up for WW again last night after a long hiatus. Time to put my money where my mouth is. I was pleased with day 1. However I've always liked the community here better. Feel free to add me!
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I joined WW again after they changed the plan again just three weeks ago. I think its been okay and I have lost 8.7 pounds in three weeks. I have been on MFP for about two months and have been up and down. So I now do MFP and WW and log and it seems like I run out of points before I run out of calories? Does this happen to you?
  • Ratherfly
    Ratherfly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I joined WW yesterday after trying (and not sticking to) lots of other plans. The latest was an 800 calorie, doctor supervised plan that I quit when he advised me to stick with 800 per day even after adding daily exercise that burned 250-300 calories per session!

I'm a little leery of no points fruits myself. Even if I do not overindulge, free fruit? How can that be?

I wish there were a way for MFP to track my points as well as calories. Anyone know of a hack that does that?

Other WW followers, please add me as a friend so we can support each other. Thanks!
  • Shannon_Wright_Hill
    Shannon_Wright_Hill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on weight watchers for about 3 months now. I've lost 30 pounds using Smart Points however I am really feeling restricted, and like I can't do this forever so I am back to MFP! I lost 70 pounds before my baby using MFP so I figured I would give it a go!! Add me if you want!!!
  • jules111007
    jules111007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Khristie107--which app did you find that converts WW smart points??
  • winchestertardisrider
    winchestertardisrider Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hello!!!! I've been with WW a few times, but I didn't have much success when it switched to SmartPoints. I'm doing good with MFP and this community!!! On prior the PointsPlus program I lost about 50lbs which was fabulous and I'm grateful for it, but time and money have made this approach my new "method." And it's good. ALL GOOD. And fruit isn't free. It's delicious and healthy.. but it, like everything else, has to count.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Who are you talking to, dear. This thread is a year old, Khristie is long gone.

That gave me a chuckle. Funny how these threads seem to come back to life.

Gimmicks and gadgets and group meetings, oh my!

Just my 2 cents while we're talking about it. We had a WW group at my work with lots of members. Nobody really seemed to be very successful. Just when I got the hang of the points, they changed it. I had already purchased several of the books and other gadgets. I was seriously annoyed that NOW I HAVE TO CONVERT if I want to use the old point system? What the heck? It was also aggravating that my co-worker got a lot more points than me since she had more weight to lose. Seemed unfair, in my opinion.

I'm sure WW is just what Oprah the doctor ordered for some folks, but I've done remarkably better with the logging and food diary on MFP.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I don't think that exists (or can exist).....it's a good marketing strategy on their part to create something you can't copy.

The reason I don't think it exists is Smart Points do NOT = calories. Smart Points penalize you for certain food choices.

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/holistic-or-horrifying-not-everyone-loves-weight-watchers-new-program/article_053e5b6a-d99c-57a9-821f-a88bba5d955d.html