After work out headache

Options
In the past week and a half I've been working out I've gotten a headache afterwards on many of the days. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know the cause/how to help this?

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises are you doing? My husband used to get headaches after lifting weights because he'd hold his breath and not breathe properly.

And do you mean you just started working out and this happened? Or, you've been working out for a while but the headaches just started? That could make a difference in responses.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What kind of exercises are you doing? My husband used to get headaches after lifting weights because he'd hold his breath and not breathe properly.

And do you mean you just started working out and this happened? Or, you've been working out for a while but the headaches just started? That could make a difference in responses.

Agreed. More information needed.
    I tend to get headaches after long runs if I haven't hydrated enough.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    drink more water. and make sure you are eating well
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Agree with holding breath // too many stimulants
  • lizzerd2895
    lizzerd2895 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

BZAH10 wrote: »

I walk on the treadmill for about an hour then do the weight Machines that gyms have.

I just started working out about 10 days ago and at least 5 of the days I have had headaches after.

• KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I get them after long runs when I'm not hydrating enough. As soon as I start to get one, I pop a couple of Nuuns in 32oz of water, drink up, and headache is gone.
  • lizzerd2895
    lizzerd2895 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get them after long runs when I'm not hydrating enough. As soon as I start to get one, I pop a couple of Nuuns in 32oz of water, drink up, and headache is gone.

What's a nuun?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Usually a couple of reasons: lack of oxygen to the brain (improper breathing), continuous tensing of the neck and jaw from clenching due to lifting heavier poundages. This is known as the ugly face when you look in the mirror and lift.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • zenmonkey760
    zenmonkey760 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Breathe and drink lots of water
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Improper breath support and dehydration are common reasons.
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Eat well and drink water