Lost weight then gained the weight back :(

Options
5yrs ago I lost over 30lbs and not the weight is back and even more! I'm committed to working out and eating right (this time)! Just need some friends and motivators along the way!

Replies

• ashleighmcd2011
    ashleighmcd2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) im in the same boat! Lost 50lbs about 3 yrs ago and it has gradually piled back on plus a few extra lbs!
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost 70 lbs some year ago but one baby and a bunch of meds later, I gained 40 of it back D:
  • Calamitycazza
    Calamitycazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Same here, I lost 29lbs and put it all back on! I've got a holiday booked for my birthday in may so I'm using that as motivation to get it back off, but I really want some friends to help me with my journey
  • Calamitycazza
    Calamitycazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Same here, I lost 29lbs and put it all back on! I've got a holiday booked for my birthday in may so I'm using that as motivation to get it back off, but I really
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Same. Here. Lost 35 pounds 2 years ago, gained it all back in, ironically, two years :wink: I'm looking to shed 40lbs this time and concentrate/plan on the end-game maintenance more intensely... not just the journey to get there.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,617 Member
    Options
    I have lost and gained in the same weight range (40 lbs) maybe 5 times in my life. And each time it was because I had this notion that "now that I'm back down to my normal weight I can eat what ever I want and not bother with stepping on the scale". Also known as being in denial. It took me a long time to realize that if I want to maintain at my normal BMI (22) I must weigh and log for the rest of my life. And I'm OK with that now. It really has become fast and simple to do using MFP. And I actually enjoy it and have made it into challenge. I'm not perfect at it of course, but have learned that that's part of the deal. So I don't let slip ups derail me anymore. I'm now within 5 lbs of my goal and it might take me another 6 months but I know I will never gain that 40 lbs again. I hope that this is some help for you and wish you the best.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCP1vQHX_yw&feature=em-subs_digest

Worth ten minutes of your time to watch, then the ensuing time to put into motion.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have done something this time in my weight loss journey that I didn't do any of the previous times. I have taken Maintenance breaks. The first one was for a month this summer and the second one I just ended was six weeks long. During both of these time periods I purposefully maintained weight. I know what it takes to maintain my weight and it is not much different from what it takes to lose. I have been proving to myself that this is a lifestyle change and not a temporary "diet" that will at some point end.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm in this boat too... I know we're all ready to be committed again but I can't help but wonder: what can I do differently this time around that will help me avoid gaining anything back?

Im hoping the answer is MFP. I only used it to maintain a loss I achieved through Atkins/extreme exercise. I hope by actually knowing the values going in and out will keep me from repeating this journey again.
  • sexyandbrwn32
    sexyandbrwn32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same thing happen to me I lost 50 lbs and gained 100 when I'm looking for friend to help me stay motivated as well as I help them stay motivated, feel free to add me
  • mhelm4
    mhelm4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am trying my hardest to be as positive as possible! I am reminded daily of where I was and i am determined to get back there!! Let's be accountability partners!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Anybody can add me, we can keep one another motivated!
  • Debgal54
    Debgal54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list. I lost almost 50 pounds on Weight Watchers and actually ended up under goal and am considered a lifetime member who could have gone to meetings for FREE. But, I thought I could maintain on my own and of course gained it all back, plus some. I am so mad at myself for doing that. MFP makes tracking so easy and I am exercising every day. It has ALWAYS been about food for me...emotional eating, boredom, stress, looking at the clock and saying its lunchtime or dinnertime, etc. We are all on the right track now, AGAIN, and we will succeed. Send me friend request if you would like.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds 10 years ago, but a lot of changes happened in life, never got my priorities back on track and gained back 105. Priorities are back and and I am working my way back down again. I would love a few more friends as well.