General Tso Chicken 236 calories

Options

Replies

• SabrinaP0069
    SabrinaP0069 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have I told you lately that I love you.......................
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It makes me happy that y'all like it.. I love cooking and i love sharing my recipes
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am going to try it. Thanks
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'll bet it would also be delicious made with cauliflower.... or both!
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds really good and I'll give it a try.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Made this as meal prep for dinner this week, added one white onion, a red bell pepper and one bunch of broccoli flourets once the sauce was made, before dumping the chicken in and <3 Soooooo good! Thank you for posting the recipe!
  • brookej8688
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    Made this as meal prep for dinner this week, added one white onion, a red bell pepper and one bunch of broccoli flourets once the sauce was made, before dumping the chicken in and <3 Soooooo good! Thank you for posting the recipe!

that sounds good.. I love buying the sweet bell pepper packs. it comes with a yellow, orange, and red they are so yummy
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this tomorrow. I have some chicken breasts I was trying to figure out what to do with it
  • dbanks80
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is a serving 1 cup?
  • TomsHotChocolate
    TomsHotChocolate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this recipe. I'm making it for me and the boys tomorrow.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    OMG!!!! This dish is on the dinner rotation! Sauce is delicious! I had to modify and add extra as needed because I used 2lbs of chicken breast. I added some broccoli florets and this dish was a winner! @brookej8688 thank you for this recipe!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Just bought the ingredients tonight (for tomorrow's dinner). Just need to find hoisin sauce. Unfortunately walmart is the closest thing to me, and their selection blows.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it needs to happen in my life. I like the extra sauce idea for over veg and rice too. YUM!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    This sounds like it needs to happen in my life. I like the extra sauce idea for over veg and rice too. YUM!

I bought bell pepper, onion, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots.
  • pjwood1967
    pjwood1967 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to try this but cornstarch is a no no so I was looking up cornstarch alternative and I found this article on substitutions but I am not sure which one to use. I am on a keto diet so high fat is OK and preferred.
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/cooking/a/locarbthickener.htm
  • brookej8688
    Options
    I just spit the recipe into 4 equal parts
  • brookej8688
    Options
    I don't mind the corn starch for myself personally. And if any of you do not eat chicken the sauce itself is great over tofu and veggies. For an event I went to I took Brie and baked it in FILO dough. Then put a side of the sauce with it and wheat thins it was a hit!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    pjwood1967 wrote: »
    I want to try this but cornstarch is a no no so I was looking up cornstarch alternative and I found this article on substitutions but I am not sure which one to use. I am on a keto diet so high fat is OK and preferred.
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/cooking/a/locarbthickener.htm

I've used Arrowroot and Tapioca starch interchangeably with cornstarch in Asian recipes but do not know if they are lower carb than cornstarch.

Also, the carbs for cornstarch for this recipe only comes out to 4 g per serving - can you work that in?
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I have everything but the scallions, which I realize are for garnish, and will make this Wednesday - thanks for sharing!
  • kshama2001
    edited January 2016
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Just bought the ingredients tonight (for tomorrow's dinner). Just need to find hoisin sauce. Unfortunately walmart is the closest thing to me, and their selection blows.

You wrote this five days ago so I figure your hoisin problem is solved one way or the other, but I found this for others who might be looking for a substitute. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/hoisin-sauce-substitute-52415261