Anyone has trouble at home with food?

Options
I try to eat good, but my family is the problem. My mom makes lots of homemade food and she give me a lot of food. Not only that but when we go out to eat, I try to pick something that is healthy, we end up arguing where to go and what to eat. It's hard when you're the only one dieting...

anyone one has the same problems? And what should I do or we do?

Replies

• erikanunns
    erikanunns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there - yes family cn be a big old bunch of bottoms can't they? You might need to retrain your ma a bit when it comes to the homemade stuff like the lighter options (e.g. using light sour cream etc) but as for giving you a lot of food - its up to you to be strong here and only eat what you need. If they give you grief about not eating all on your plate - say you are sending it to africa to the starving children - and smile nicely :)

Dont know where you live but most places here in New Zealand have healthier options on the menu so again to avoid grief let them choose the place and then really study the menu
    Good luck and keep it up!

Your ma is probably giving you a lot of food out of love - so get her to make salads (no dressings though) and let her pile your plate up!!!!!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I understand completely. It's to hard to be the only one dieting at work when everyone asks me to go to Wendys or Mcdonalds for lunch (and when Mcdonalds is RIGHT next door to the hospital I work at!!!)

As for the homemade food, my mom is the best cook. PLUS she bakes like you wouldn't believe and it's so hard. I've learned to drink a lot of water with meals to fill me up quickly, and don't even try ONE of her baked goods because that only leads to trouble.

Also, I can't seem to pump this twitter enough... but Eat This, Not That has been one of the most helpful tools to my healthier lifestyle (besides mfp)
    http://twitter.com/#!/EatThisNotThat
  • Black_rose1809
    Black_rose1809 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just went to eat at Chili's... ugh I hate when you go somewhere and you try to eat right but end up eating more than you were suppose to eat. I ate half of the bacon cheese burger and some of the fries. I ate some chips with salsa and a bit of the skillet cheese, but it was a bit of that, not much. lol