Faux Pasta

Options
What faux pasta (chickpea, veggie, etc) have you tried that was actually good?

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I love to use spaghetti squash instead of pasta, and I have a veggie peeler that makes shoe strings so I have used zucchini as well. I have a gluten allergy so I also like corn pasta when I want the 'real' thing.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles aren't worth getting imo.. I'm lazy I don't make my own noodles, but you can buy protein pasta in the store.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in faux foods, so don't think of it as faux pasta, but I will agree that spaghetti squash is delicious. I also sometimes just eat sauces I might use on pasta on other winter squash (I am more likely to put zucchini in the sauce). When I do that, I don't worry about making it look like pasta.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber noodles (cucumber run through a spiralizer).
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Zucchini?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I like rice noodles.

If I want to go lower carb for Asian dishes, I like Sempio Glass Noodles, Korean Vermicelli, Dangmyun, Sweet Potato Starch (buy locally rather than online from Amazon as the price is ridiculous.) I wouldn't eat it with Italian meatballs in tomato sauce, but YMMV.

I thought the texture of Mung Bean Fettucine was disgusting, but other posters here like it, and it might be ok for people who must eat gluten-free.
  • 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy spaghetti squash with my noodles. Had it for lunch and dinner yesterday. Does it really taste like pasta? No. When you compare the calories you will like it even more though.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Spinach pasta was awesome. With some red spagetti sauce and yellow peppers.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

Zucchini?

You can do it with zucchini too. I prefer the taste and texture of cucumber.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Explore Asian makes a very good black bean pasta. If you are referring to zero calorie none of them taste very good, kind of fishy, unless it is in a strong broth
  • jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I got a vegetti for christmas and just made zucchini noodles for the first time tonight... It was super easy and really good!
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Options
    Black bean pasta
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mung bean and soba noodles are the bomb
    But would eat them with something other than marinara or vodka sauce
    Have had rice noodles with jarred alfredo
    Sauce and it was ok
    Tried the veggie spiraliser noodles but they are only just so much faffing about with a vegetable marrow and not really filling imo
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is good
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    not to replace pasta but I used a spiralizer kitchenaid for apples to make a dessert dish. To replace pasta I love zucchini and cucumbers.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat shirataki noodles every day. Sometimes in spaghetti form, sometimes mac and cheese, sometimes more traditional stir fry.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I will make zucchini pasta and mix it in with real noodles but I can't give up pasta. My grandparents came here form Italy in their 30's so... yea. I will never escape the pasta.