UGH one of those days!

Options
I always feel bad after I do it but I did it anyway! Was having a great day until I signed my contract at work and figured out that I am making the same as people that have only been with the company for 6 months. I have been with the company for 6 1/2 years. OH well, I came home and ate my way happy or sick I should say! Then my MIL brought Crispy C donuts! UGH! I ate 3!!!!! Why do I do this to myself???????? Anyone else do the same? I hope I am not alone.

Replies

• Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    Today was NOT a good day for me either!! :) 'Aunt Flow' is visiting and well....me and her just don't get along!! She makes me soo irritated!! so then..i go..overboard :( I had taco bell for dinner!! ah! i knew it was wrong..i knew i should have cooked..but i still did it..being angry or frustrated just isnt good for staying on track! :(
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had a super stressful day, and literally took a fork to a small tray of brownies I had in the kitchen instead of cutting off a piece. Stopped myself by the time I had eaten enough to feel a little sick and threw the rest out. I'm sure I did lots of damage, but I'm glad I didn't eat it all at the very least :P
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I used to do the same kind of thing. Eat to try to make myself feel better. It never worked. It left me feeling sick and guilty and even fatter.
    Now, I ask myself, even out loud, if I'm alone---Will eating a bunch of junk REALLY make me feel better? The answer is no. Always it has been no since I started asking. Its hard to break old habits. One donut won't kill you or blow your diet completely but ONE is where you should stop.
    I won't tell you what to try to substitute. Screaming in the closet or into a pillow helps me. Yelling out loud in an empty house does too. Riding the exercise bike until I'm sweaty and whipped helps too. A crying jag is also always a possibility too....8)
  • rchristison
    rchristison Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You are not alone - I had "one of those days" too. And I don't even have a good excuse. BUT we are both here and we can get right back on track tomorrow. I think we are going to have bad days..hopefully they will get further and further apart. Hang in there :) and don't forget about the good days you have had since starting here. I hope you feel better tomorrow.
  • kcdalove
    kcdalove Posts: 4
    Options
    I think we all have those days and when you are an emotional eater which many of us are (myself included) it makes for a challenge. Dieting is like an allowance program if you aren't careful to budget you will run out of money(or caloreis) before you get what you really want. I go alot of times if I just have to have something and budget it first and everything else around that so as not to go over. It is to hard(or at least for me to totally cut everything good out). The last few weeks I have not been logging in cause well I just have gotten into a rut but I am gonna pick myself up and try again. I had a wonderful week my anniversary was yesterday and my husband made me a candlelight dinner and really went all out made me feel great and if he thinks that much of me..will I should too and I know I can do this...exspecially with my friends on here.
  • kcdalove
    kcdalove Posts: 4
    Options
    I know this is probably gonna sound crazy but another think I tried in the past when I was much younger and it worked is drinking alot of water like at least a glass every 2 or 3 hours makes you feel full. Natures natural appetite supressant. If you think you really have to have somethink and you really know you shouldn't drink a huge glass or water and wait an hour chances are it really wasn't what you wanted and nine times out of 10 is just an emotional binge thinking thing and will pass. Hope this helps.
  • lorilynn34
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!!