Low-ish carb question

Options
eates
eates Posts: 334 Member
In response to suggestions about busting my 7 week plateau I'm going to try lower my carbs. By no stretch of the imagination am I going low-carb but I'm going to try and keep it around 150 (goal is 240 carb). However, I'm finding that I have a hard time meeting my calorie goal without going way over on fat & sodium. I guess an option would be to stuff myself full of chicken breast but that doesn't really appeal to me.
So- on to my question- how am I supposed to go low-ish carb and still meet my calorie goal (1750)? Are protein bars a must?

Replies

• kjlamphere
    kjlamphere Posts: 14
    Options
    Lol! I have the same issue...protein bars can be super yummy though. Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter is my fave. :) good luck...I'm trying to go low carb too...you can take a look at my diary if you want :)
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Try eating cheese (cottage cheese, string cheese, cream cheese, etc), avocado, and natural peanut butter. These have healthy fats in them and will ensure you're getting enough calories. Low carb diets tend to not focus on fats/calories.
  • mdgracia
    mdgracia Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I cant eat most protein bars because they contain soy in one form or another. I cannot eat soy due to my thyroid. I have added Hemp protein to my morning smoothie but I can only add so much before it taste like crap. I am sick of chicken breast already and I only have been at this since Sunday. I eat turkey too, but again, losing my cooking inspiration. HELP!