Support For Those Who Go Over

Options
Magret004
Magret004 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I commonly go over my calorie allowance for the day and feel even worse about when I use up my exercise calories. I feel those calories I earn exercising should not be used because I am not exercising to eat more, I'm exercising to feel stronger and to lose weight. I know the crappy feeling of going over your limit and it's not a good feeling. I thought I'd create this so that I could receive support, as well as encourage other people by reminding them that tomorrow is another day and another chance to eat healthy and live healthy.

Replies

• VeryCarrie6969
    VeryCarrie6969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Same as my day today. Nice thing about keeping a food diary is that we can look back & see where we went wrong. Sweets and carbs for me...again! Feel free to friend me if you like. Maybe we can offer each other encouragement :smile:
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care what your motivation is for exercising more, it just wants the extra fuel! Your deficit is built into your net calorie goal, so you don't need to feel guilty about eating your exercise calories. The only reason to be cautious is if you think the burn might not be accurate. I wear a Fitbit One, eat all the calories it gives me and lose at the rate I expect so I know it's pretty accurate for me.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories back. Your body needs them.
    Also work your calories out over a week. I go under by up to 100 calories a day during the week so that I can eat what I like at week ends. Ignore the red diary!