My Before and Afters

Options
13»

Replies

• alexfaty
    alexfaty Posts: 61
    Options
    That is so amazing, not only the weight loss you look so good. But what inspires me even more is the running time. That is a huge speed increase! Well done:-)

One of my main reasons for being on here is off course to loose weight to look better but also to run faster. I do 10ks in just under an hour, 1/2's in about 2.20 and full in about 5.10. I have entered Beachy Head Marathon in October and would love to get to126 as a maximum by then because I know it will dramatically improve my time.

Would it be OK to add you as a friend and would love to get track of your increasing running speeds??
    Any other runners out there getting fit to run as well as to look good please add me...

Alexx
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look great and what an awesome difference!
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! You look great!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    such an inspiration!!! great progress!!! im working on those last ten lbs now, any suggestions?
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing transformation. Thanks for sharing.
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You look amazing, and so happy. That's a fantastic time too. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures and story. I definitely need the extra motivation this week.
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your story is very inspiring, especially since it looks like you had similar goals to what I have now. Thanks for sharing, you look great!
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW you look great this is so awesome, your look like a different person, I loved seeing this thanks for sharing. I have had this thought in my head no matter how much weight I lose I will never have a tiny waist again after having my daughter, but I am an 8 (a 6 is I want a muffin top) now and this has made me think I could be a 4, which I have not been since before my daughter. My I ask how tall you are, I am 5'6 149 now, (180 at my biggest) and my goal is 135.
  • vmccullouch
    vmccullouch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone.

For those wondering, I'm 5'4" tall. The weight has really all come off through running, zumba, and tracking what I eat. I think watching my calories is the biggest thing that helped. Make sure you're eating enough calories. I need to be eating 1400-1600 calories to fuel my body without exercise. I plateaued for a while because I wasn't eating enough and put my body into starvation mode. Once I upped my calories the rest of the weight came off pretty easily. Most of the loss has happened since January of this year.

As far as increasing speed, most of it is building endurance. This was a REALLY hilly course and last year I walked up most of the hills. This year I passed people going uphill. I try to run speed intervals on a regular basis, and of course running with a speedy friend helps. I spend most of my training runs trying to catch her!
  • vmccullouch
    vmccullouch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting!!

This is the type of inspiration that motivates me; it's hard to look at yourself in the mirror every day; and see any changes. And the fact is that every day we make decisions. Some days I think we all want to say "I quit" and delve back into the foods that created the mess we are finding ourselves in today.

The goal is to think of the long term, what lies before us.

So, posting pictures of yourself like this helps, it helps probably more than you realize. Thank you - you are doing more good than you know.

awww, thanks!
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone.

For those wondering, I'm 5'4" tall. The weight has really all come off through running, zumba, and tracking what I eat. I think watching my calories is the biggest thing that helped. Make sure you're eating enough calories. I need to be eating 1400-1600 calories to fuel my body without exercise. I plateaued for a while because I wasn't eating enough and put my body into starvation mode. Once I upped my calories the rest of the weight came off pretty easily. Most of the loss has happened since January of this year.

As far as increasing speed, most of it is building endurance. This was a REALLY hilly course and last year I walked up most of the hills. This year I passed people going uphill. I try to run speed intervals on a regular basis, and of course running with a speedy friend helps. I spend most of my training runs trying to catch her!

That's great advice. Thanks for your inspiration and tips!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    You look AMAZING and STRONG !!! LOVE this!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Congrats on your new healthy life, you look great, thank you for posting, it motivates me to reach my final goal.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! You look amazing...I'm happy for you!
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I work with teenagers and don't feel comfortable having bikini shots posted out in the open, so you're getting fully clothed versions. I started running a year ago in March. A couple girls I work with and I had the goal of running a huge local 15k, I wanted to lose weight and feel good, but I didn't control my eating. When the runger struck, I fed the beast! So I only lost about 8 pounds.

I joined a biggest loser challenge in my photography community for motivation to get my weight under control. I went from 143 to 126 in about 10 weeks and won the challenge. My final goal weight was 120, and I've reached it. The last 10 pounds were he hardest to shed - I couldn't have done it without the resources on MFP.

Today I ran a 10k that I ran last year, I'm embarrassed to show my before picture, but here you go. This year/last year. Same race. Not only have I lost 30 pounds since then, last year's time was 1:11:23, this year's time was 53:30 (hungover to boot!). Working out and watching calories do make a difference!

beforeandafter.jpg

I hope this inspires someone, when I'm having a rough day and want to raid the cupboards, reading about other people's successes always helps.

That is so AWESOME!!! Congrats on your success!!! You look AMAZING!!!!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    FIREfitGrl27 Posts: 199
    Options
    You LOOK AMAZING! Fabulous Job on the 10K and getting in shape! Wow! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us! :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    wow you look great!!
  • Heatherp71
    Heatherp71 Posts: 17
    Options
    You look fabulous..congrats!
  • karenlmartel
    karenlmartel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration, wow!! Awesome Job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!