Losing weight in college

Options
I really need help staying notivated to eat healthy here at college it's really hard! unhealthy food is so much easier to get than healthy food. Insight and motivation is welcomed! Let me know if you're facing the same problem
Thank you!

Replies

• gracepost123
    gracepost123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes!!! Always have this problem. Going back next week after winter break and I'm dreading haha.
    But last semester I would bring my lunch! (I live off campus) usually a protein shake. I have my lunch box and an ice pack with a couple other little snacks for my long school days.
  • agdharry
    agdharry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yeah ^ making shakes is quick and easy! Avoiding campus foods is a must (unless some really are healthy)
    Having control in the grocery store is hard, but makes it easy for you to eat healthier when there's nothing else in your inventory lol.
    In my experience I benefitted a lot when I stuck with a few good recipes that fit my body's needs.
    Hope that helped and good luck!
  • vivamarina425
    vivamarina425 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sed to do heavy lifting and built a lot of muscle , but after I stopped working out I kept eating the way I did when I was at the gym 2x a day , I moved up to college and went from 190 lbs to 230 . I want to get back to 190 !! My boyfriend and I are working together to lose our college gained weight so we can look banging in swimsuits this summer!
  • kyyyyrax
    kyyyyrax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Studying is the hardest time to try and lose weight! I completely agree, unhealthy food is so much more convenient and easier to get. Its much easier to get a slice of pizza or a sausage roll from Greggs than it is to make your own lunch, and as someone who dislikes salad, I really struggle on healthy, low calorie foods to take for on the go. And when you've got your nose in a book, its so difficult to ignore those sounds of hunger coming from your tummy.

So I know completely how you feel! Good luck to you!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I've put on and had the hardest time losing weight in college. I'm also on quarters, so as soon as I get into a routine we have a break and then my schedule totally changes... and food is expensive!
    But what's been working for me is trying to buy/cook ahead for the week, and be a little more lenient about calories on weekends so I don't beat myself up about eating more. It's definitely rough though, especially since everyone else seems to be able to not gain weight eating junk and drinking!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    God, I commute and I still manage to screw it up. However, I'm in a program that sends me off to co-op at different companies every other semester. So far I've been maintaining weight during classes, then getting into a real diet and fitness routine during co-op.