Slim fast shakes

Options
Just wondering what y'all think. Is a slim fast shake okay to drink for a "snack?" I didn't exceed my calories but I just wonder if it's a good snack food.

Replies

• 9420toy
    9420toy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Slim fast shakes r great depending on which 1 u get....have u tried da low carb slimfast
  • sarahlyzzibeth
    Options
    They have lots of protein which will keep you full. I say if you enjoy 'em and they don't push your nutrient limits, it should be fine.
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a slim fast shak for breakfast every morning and sometimes at night. They are good but high on sodium. I have to take that into consideration.
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I get tons of grief about them but I use them all the time for a snack. I do in home child care and I can't eat in front of the kids unless I plan on feeding them all. Since they already eat about 100 times a day (slight exaggeration) I usually grab a shake between lunch and dinner - they don't ask for those :)
  • julie0477
    julie0477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dont know. I havent had one of those in years. I usually judge my snacks by the ingredients. If there is a bunch of stuff in it that you can't pronounce you might be better of making your own smoothie or if you dont have the time you could try one by Naked or Bolthouse.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think Jillian Michaels shakes are better for you if your going to do that.
  • pmusholt
    pmusholt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    it is if you have the calories but it can but weight on you if dont fast
  • Elissamf
    Elissamf Posts: 5
    Options
    they have loads of sugar and hydrogenated oils ):
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have slim fast shakes occasionally for breakfast if I'm running late or don't feel like cooking. I use a protein shake that is 100 cal for snacks because it can be mixed with water. I'd use slim fast for snacks but it requires milk (tried it once with water, uck) so I use the other so I can take it to work without worrying about milk...
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Here is some nutrition info on one of the powder shake mixes. http://www.slim-fast.com/products/powder/w/wiki/Milk-Chocolate-Shake-Mix.aspx?ProductID=7

They taste good and are filling. I used to drink them after workouts or before. You could probably mix them with soy milk for less calories than nonfat milk.
  • 9420toy
    9420toy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The low carb slim fast have 20mg of protein, 1g of sugar & 0 sugar alcohol
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If I eat a light lunch I occassionally will have a shake or a protein bar for my snack. The order doesn't mean as much as the total outcome.
  • Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    Options
    I figured if I have the calories and all that for the shake then I will drink it. I used to get the 100 calorie packs or little snack things but I ran out and wanted a snack lol go figure.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I use the 180 calorie, 2 carb, 22 protein one "Vanilla" Slim fast 123 low carb one as my afternoon snack. It's delicious, and gives me my protein without the sugar. :smile: