Not quite new but definitely starting again

Options
I'm not exactly "new" to MFP but have been "lost in the wilderness" for the year or so and have put on all the weight I lost, so I'm starting over. I still have some friends from the first time around and am eternally in debt to them for sticking with me. I guess I would like put myself out there and make some more friends to keep me in check while I start the year afresh and shift this weight (again)!

To give you an idea of where I am coming from......the last 18 months - 2 years have been shocking......the stress of my husband's company going through a merger and not knowing if his position was safe, then followed by the company I work for was sold.....then just got through that to find that my company would now be merging with another company that was in *exactly* the same line of business as us.......working crazy hours and unwinding with wine became commonplace last year. My job is safe......(at least for the next 12 months - 18 months).......during this time I also injured my shoulder (waiting on the results of the MRI now) and my son was diagnosed with mild Asperger's.

Don't get me wrong, there has been some good times as well......I had a great 40th birthday last year celebrating with friends and a birthday trip with my best friend (leaving the husband and kids at home), knowing my job is safe at the moment and some great achievements at work (during the initial merger process - I work in IT and like coming up with solutions to problems).

Now I just need to focus on me and hopefully that will also help remove the feelings of being overwhelmed and personal failure (with regard to the way I look and weight loss).

If you too feel the way I do, please add me and we can help support each other......or if you comment I'll add you.

Thanks for your time. Let's do this in 2016! :smiley:

Replies

• TNBeastT
    TNBeastT Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you had a super stressuful time, but it is good that you have chosen to come back. I am also an old member and I to put back on all my weight. I will add you!
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me :)