How long did it take YOU to start seeing physical results?

Options
Just out of curiousity! What was your starting weight and how long did it take you to notice changes in the mirror?

Replies

• makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was 196lb, I started seeing results after 3 weeks, my clothes started fitting me better, felt great. Lost 19 pounds, gained 5 back, on the journey again, going strong.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 156 lbs. Took about 6 weeks before I noticed some small changes in my body.
  • hea_bee
    hea_bee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am around 182lbs. After the holidays and I started back at work, I cycled to work and back (a mile each way) and ate clean for 2 days and on the third morning I felt like I looked different. Measured my hips and I'd lost 2 inches.
  • sjcruth330
    sjcruth330 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I an 56 and weighted my self about a week ago and was 166. When I weighed myself thus week I was 168. Have you guys ever gained weight dieting?? I am eating 1200 calories a day, didn't cut carbs or anything but switched to whole wheat and am eating all whole foods. I am hiking at least 2 hours a day and doing yoga twice a week. Any advice??
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started at 256 in November and just a couple of days ago I took my progress pictures and was amazed! I had co-workers remark that I looked like I lost weight, I guess I just needed to look closer in the mirror. Still a ways to go, but happy with the thinning face. My husband is not too thrilled about the shrinking boobs though ;)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    sjcruth330 wrote: »
    I an 56 and weighted my self about a week ago and was 166. When I weighed myself thus week I was 168. Have you guys ever gained weight dieting?? I am eating 1200 calories a day, didn't cut carbs or anything but switched to whole wheat and am eating all whole foods. I am hiking at least 2 hours a day and doing yoga twice a week. Any advice??

You should start your own thread with your question.

• MadamChick
    MadamChick Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 234lbs and I personally didn't notice until I had lost 30lbs.
  • RSavage83
    RSavage83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started at 280 in Jan 2015. As of the end of the year I had lost 50 lbs. I didn't notice the weight loss until I was at least 30 lbs down. I noticed it first in the way my pants fit me but didn't actually see it until around the 50 lbs mark. I'm actually a little more than 50 lbs down now and and notice it most off my belly and hips. My first goal is to reach 200 lbs which I hope to do by June... maybe then I'll stop being so cheap and go buy some new clothes that don't look so baggy ;)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weighed 215 when I started almost 5 weeks ago. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who did lose quite a bit in the first 2-3 weeks, although I'm sure a lot of it was water. But anyways, I could see the difference in about 10 days. Although I'm wearing the same pant size, they sure are a lot more comfortable. I've lost 15 pounds.
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Since we see ourselves every day, it does often take a large loss before we notice in the mirror.

I'm 5'1" and started at 198, but didn't really notice any huge change when looking in the mirror until I hit about 150 (but did notice big changes in photos). And even then, I'd still say the biggest changes I noticed were when I hit the 130s and, finally, a normal BMI -- but that's because I'd never seen myself at a normal weight before.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    My experience was similar to @RSavage83. Started at 270, no noticeable improvement for the first 30 lbs. However, I'm at 70 list now and it's quite a dramatic difference. I've gone from a size 22 to a 14, and am in the edge of 12.
  • kragillaa
    kragillaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on my 2nd day of MFP (8 day streak, but... I kinda failed a lot) lol. But yesterday and today have been going good so far. I can't wait to start seeing a difference. I'm about 244 and I'm looking to be 125
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i started at 260 a year ago. 190 ish now

i saw changes in PHOTOS before the mirror. it was probably 40 pounds or so before i could see changes in the mirror.

my profile pic was in april of last year and i was probably around 230/40 there, and it was one of the first pics where i could see it in the picture, but wasn't in the mirror.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started in August at about 200 lbs. Took about a week to realize all my clothes were just starting to fit how they were supposed to fit... LOL. Now I'm down about 23 lbs and halfway to goal. I just saw an old friend who hadn't seen me since early September & she was surprised. I don't see it when I look in the mirror, but you know how that is. I've gone down two sizes in jeans.
  • Ibeachlover
    Ibeachlover Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've worked out pretty well all my life, and for a personal change period you might see results in a few weeks..i.e. some weight loss where pants fit better, or a little tone. From a muscular standpoint, I've always seen it to be about 6-8 weeks when you see the obvious difference, in arms etc. Of course a big point is whether or not you've worked out before. If you have, the muscles remember and respond quicker.
  • a_j_paterson
    a_j_paterson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Been back healthy eating for 10 days, and can already see, and feel the difference. This morning my snug jeans did feel a lot better around the waist. The next indicator will be using the next hole in the belt :)
  • dottiestlottiest2015
    Options
    I'm 6ft and started at 291lbs, I've only 16lbs but I saw the difference after half a stone. My friends noticed first but when I looked at myself in my underwear in the mirror, there was a gap between my hips and my waist again rather than just having a fold. I also saw it in my face, it didn't look so tired or puffy!
    I haven't seen any difference in the last half a stone though.
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    6'0 Start 300, currently 30 down. After 20 pounds I felt way better back stopped hurting. could notice it in my waist with jeans fitting better at 25 pounds.
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started at 349 pounds so it took a few months before I really started to notice.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I used to be a size 20, I don't think I really saw it until I hit a size 8-10. I didn't really see it in the mirror or in pictures. It's mental because I still tried to shop for Large and X-Large sizes for quite a while. I gained almost 20lbs of the 70lbs I dropped. The gain is most certainly noticeable. Funny how that works