Have You Skipped the Scale?

13»

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    The last time I weighed myself was Xmas eve, just because I went to a party and the person had a scale in their bathroom... otherwise, I don't have one so have no idea how I'm doing. I don't know if I'm losing weight or not, but at the same time I don't get negative and down from weight fluctuations. My calories are generally in a deficit (though I'm not very strict on myself this time around, so not "perfect" by any means) and I figure as long as I keep going at this rate, I'll lose. I'm not as intense about losing according to a timeframe as I was when I first started using MFP, though I'm pretty sure if I were to get a scale I would fall right back into that.

I'm a lot less stressed out this time than I was before, so I'm really resisting getting a scale, though I'm so tempted to.
  • whooRAWRowlbear
    whooRAWRowlbear Posts: 47 Member
    I weigh myself daily because I like seeing how my weight fluctuates from day to day, especially in response to when I eat certain foods. It also helps me keep it as a routine. I only really care about my "official" weigh-in day on Wednesdays when I track all my measurements. It coincides with the day I usually do my biometric screening for work later in the year.
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    crb426 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday. It's great encouragement to keep going, and a reminder to stay in control.

Exactly the same for me.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2016
    funchords wrote: »
    I weigh every day. You need to try an app called Libra (for Android) or Happy Scale (for iPhone). They smooth out the fluctuations and make it a lot easier emotionally to weigh.

Libra is cool. It can get scary when your weight fluctuates this much but what matters is the long time period. Not day to day
    b9wevbb5i35y.jpg
  • chopperchalk
    chopperchalk Posts: 1 Member
    I'm on day 11 and don't intend to weigh until 30 days, 60, 90 etc. I've got 100lbs to lose but I'm more concerned with my BF percentages as that is more important than my actual weight. I'm weighing only so that I can adjust my HR monitor and record calorie burn accurately. My target is 20% and I really don't care what the scale says when I get there.