Just had a baby, 40 years old, recovering sugar-a-holic....take your pick

Options
Lezavargas
Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone! Lost 22lbs eating healthy and staying away from processed food. Felt like I figured out what worked for my body and bam!! Baby on the way......ahhh the side effects of a healthy lifestyle. I started out gung ho! Ready to jog throughout my pregnancy and stay in shape and low and behold, a diagnosis of severe PGP (essentially a dislocated and inflamed pelvis, leftover from my pregnancy and delivery 18 months prior. So here I sit at 40 years old, having just delivered my beautiful baby boy at home and ready to use what ive learmed to get back into shape. Im sure my entire situation is unique but maybe there are pieces you can relate to. I was a die hard sugar-a-holic for years and found amazing results when I cut it out of my diet. My body is also a firm believer that I should be a vegetarian.....however my mind and heart disagree vehemently. So if you need some support and a little humor in your life feel free to join me in my journey! My first weigh in will be tomorrow and this will be a slow start, as my baby boy is only 3 days old.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your new baby! Count you calories, log everything you eat (including ketchup, half and half, mustard and so on) stay at your calorie goal, get back on the horse when you fall off :smile: , and you'll do great. You've got this.
  • lesliejones1313
    lesliejones1313 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Need friends to help with motivation! Add me please. 41 yr old mother of 2.
  • mmcjtink
    mmcjtink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just also started to try to loose weight AGAIN! Would love to join your group! Congrats on your new little guy! I am a depressed mom of a college student (my daughter) and I'm hanging on very tight to my son who is a junior in high school. Would love the help and support and need the humor!
  • tsroberts5
    tsroberts5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats! Feel free to add me can never turn down great humor n motivation!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy! Good Luck on your journey.