75 lbs to lose- looking for active friends

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
Hey guys, I've been here since 2012. I lose at least 35 pounds each year and then gain it back, always. Each year I hope and pray that this will be the final year to lose it all and keep it off. I'm back this time (well, I never really left) to try to lose the 60 that I lost last year. I log in every day, comment and update my status often, looking for friends who do the same.

Replies

• Soccermom54952
    Soccermom54952 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh man that's me to! I lose and gain the same 35 lbs every year!! Been doing that for probably 10 years now
  • verlaine01
    verlaine01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's me too! I am so happy to realize that I'm not alone in this. Lose, gain, lose, gain...trying low carb, can't eat anything can't eat that. Eliminate wheat, deprive strictly..lose weight but then I get emotionally tired of not having a normal relationship with food and I just eat regularly again, and then the weight comes back. I think food logging and support will help this time. Making other weight loss friends I think is key.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    verlaine01 wrote: »
    That's me too! I am so happy to realize that I'm not alone in this. Lose, gain, lose, gain...trying low carb, can't eat anything can't eat that. Eliminate wheat, deprive strictly..lose weight but then I get emotionally tired of not having a normal relationship with food and I just eat regularly again, and then the weight comes back. I think food logging and support will help this time. Making other weight loss friends I think is key.

Good luck to us this time! I have been diagnosed with binge eating disorder, so that part makes it really hard. We can do it!
  • ricknsmca
    ricknsmca Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Me too, I can drop weight quickly and just put it back on and then some. I just had 2 knee replacements this last year on the same knee so I don't walk far at all right now. Very sore. I need some help in finding someone to help me by keeping track of progress with.
    Thanks
    Rick
  • neceef
    neceef Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    verlaine01 wrote: »

I feel like I could have wrote this comment!!

I am starting over today. Back in 2013 I decided I was going to lose weight, lost 30 pounds doing it the right way, counting calories, exercising a couple of times a week, and did not deprive myself, in November of that year I got married and quit doing it, gained back the 30 pounds + some. Then next year I decided I was going to do it again, lost the same 30 pounds then my husband and I decided to have a baby so I quit worrying about what I was eating so much, didn't really gain any weight during the pregnancy, our son was born in July and I decided I was going to do the low carb, high fat diet, lost about 10 pounds but then my MIL passed and my life became complete chaos for various reasons and I have gained the 10 pounds back plus some....I have decided to not try and lose it fast, my goal is to lose 1-1.5 pounds a week, the way I see it if I lose 1 pound every week during 2016 I will start 2017 off 52 pounds lighter. So my goal is 52 pounds this year. Doesn't sound like much and I know to meet my goal it is going to take a little over 2 years but maybe with doing it slowly and actually making the changes without depriving myself I will keep it off this time. You can feel free to add me.