Hello Lovelies

Options
Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am back here after a long hiatus. I would love to meet some new people to share this journey with.

I am currently on a weight loss journey with my guy. We are not counting calories, but we have started by cutting out/limiting our processed carb intake. We have not completely cut carbs out of our lives, we still smash on fruits and veggies that have carbs in them, as well as some processed every once in a while. But, we try to not have much in terms of breads, pastas, potatoes, rice, etc. Again, I would love to meet new people on here :)

Thanks,

Caitlin :)

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hopefully that works for you, but the easiest way is to track your calories. You can still overeat fruit and veggies and other carbs. Carbs aren't what make you lose weight, it is the calories. Just keep that in mind.

Best of luck to you and your guy.
  • Soccermom54952
    Soccermom54952 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Kimberly and with you am doing this with my husband. We cut out most carbs as well and just trying to eat healthier!
  • CaiteRie86
    CaiteRie86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I fully understand that you can over eat on anything, even fruits and veggies, however our problem was that we often gorged ourselves on processed carbs (at least twice a day) and in order to break that cycle/mentality we got rid of them. It was mostly just a jumping off point and we've both cut out the majority of the snacking we were doing and cut down our portion sizes. At this moment we don't want to focus on counting calories but will eventually get there. This is the beginning of our journey and we did what we felt was right for us at that moment.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate the concern.
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey to a healthier you and remember.
    Your body is a Temple so look after it
  • CaiteRie86
    CaiteRie86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)