Yikes!

Options
Okay, so apparently this is harder than I first assumed. I have been faithfully doing this for a few days and was headed in the right directions but stepped on the scale this morning and am up almost 4 pounds! How can that be? Yes, I had a stressful day at work yesterday and consumed a TON of popcorn last night and yes, I did get up in the night and ate my "comfort" bowl of cereal even though I really wasn't even hungry, but GEEZ!!!! 4 pounds? ACK!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Did your popcorn have salt? Then it would be water weight.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Water retention from eating too much sodium! It's not a "real" gain and will resolve itself within a few days. Drink lots of water and it will resolve itself.
  • klnice35
    klnice35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Where are you at in your cycle? I go up about 5 lbs. the week before, very discouraging, but it goes away thank goodness :)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would definitely give it more than a few days. Drink lots of water and watch your sodium intake.
  • sphillips453
    sphillips453 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    so you guys think it is water weight from all that salty popcorn? Whew! Feeling a bit better. I know I need to drop that "comfort" bowl of cereal and it will all be good. Thank you all for the replies and btw, I am 60 and so no cycle. lol
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a bowl of cereal late at night all the time. I don't know what it is about cereal!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I used to love a bowl of cereal before bed. Hmm, might have one tonight. :)
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Actually some cereals have a lot of sodium, too. I have mild lymphedema and need to be on a low-sodium diet, so I am a label reader. I don't even bother to weigh myself after eating at a restaurant or highly processed food (which is not often.)
  • sphillips453
    sphillips453 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, you were right as usual. lol. I was done 2 1/2 pounds this morning and may have been down more but last night I ate, (you guessed it! ) cereal and more popcorn. I still came in under my calories though because I forgot to include my exercise in my daily diary and had already submitted it. So thanks! Guess there are more than a few cereal eaters out there besides me. :)