Best Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Luvlee85
Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a heart rate monitor. But with so many on the market I have no idea which is the best purchase for me. I would like to hear your opinions and how do you like yours. Keep in mind I'm a college student so an inexpensive good one would work great for me.

Replies

• brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jacinda_c
    Jacinda_c Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found Polar to be the best brand......did you look in best buy? I was suprized to see those there, but they have a good selection!!!!
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No I didn't but I will check out Best Buy. Thanks
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Most importantly get one with a chest strap. Only then can your HRM continually monitor your heart rate. The watches that you touch periodically cannot give you an accurate picture of your varied rate. I was hesitant thinking it would be uncomfortable and might not fit, but I after two workouts I don't even notice it.

I have the Polar F4 and love it. Chest strap and watch both fit comfortably. User interface is very simple. During my workout I can see how long I have been exercising, my current heart rate, my current heart rate on a fat burning range, and calories burned. Once finished it shows my average heart rate, how long I was in my fat burning zone, and my maximum heart rate. And it stores the data for the last 10 sessions. Polar HRM's also work with my gym's cardio equipment so my heart rate is displayed automatically one there. My main goal was to get an accurate heart rate reading and know how many calories I burned. I think the Polar F4 met these two requirements for the least amount of money.