How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I've been doing it everyday recently and it's not great it goes up and down every other day!

Replies

• amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Every Sunday when I wake up I weigh myself wearing either nothing or maybe undies and a tank.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I get too discouraged checking every day. I check once per week.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I try to only do it once a week, and I always do it on Friday morning....before the weekend. That way I have the entire week to fix whatever damage I may have done on the weekend. Weekends are definetly my days when I dont obsess over calories so much, especially now that I am pretty much at my goal.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get rid of water weight along with about 5 lbs that I gained, so I weigh every few days depending on how confident I feel that it'll go down... like yesterday, I drank a lot of water, so I weighed today.

Normally, though, I only weigh once a week.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after getting out of bed, in my underwear and after emptying my bladder. :) It is best to do it at a consistent time of the day. Later in the day and there are too many variables to contend with. I only record my weight on Sunday mornings though.
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I find that once a week works best for me. When I peek during the week I sometimes get discouraged from the fluctuations so I try to stay away from doing that. Good Luck!!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2-3 times per week.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'll try for once a week, but only record every 2 weeks.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after getting out of bed, in my underwear and after emptying my bladder. :) It is best to do it at a consistent time of the day. Later in the day and there are too many variables to contend with. I only record my weight on Sunday mornings though.

That is exactly what I do too. Just once a week and all of the above :)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I did it every day, but now I'm ging to do it every 2 weeks.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Everyday at the gym but I only really believe the weight that I see when I go there directly in the morning and only have a little food in my stomach...i'm pretty much that person who weighs herself first thing in the morning naked haha!
  • david83ec
    david83ec Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every friday morning
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I weigh in before bed and first thing in the morning. Why, cause I watch for patterns in what I've eaten and wether a new food makes me retain water etc. And because it keeps my honest. If I am bad I don't have 3 days to work it off, I'm gonna have to face that scale before bed.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, after using the bathroom, naked. 3 times on the scale, to get the same number, then I log it. I chart it - and yes, sometimes it bounces up and down, but I can see a trend line, and it helps motivate me. When I binge, i can see the results immediately - which I like - maybe if I had seen the pizza causing and up, up, up trendline, I wouldn't be obsese.

chart-2.gif
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

That is exactly what I do too. Just once a week and all of the above :)

I also weigh myself everyday but only record it every other day.
  • LESETTE_BEAUDION
    Options
    I'VE BEEN DOING IT EVERYDAY LIKE U, BUT I THINK I'M GOING TO TRY ONCE A WEEK BECAUSE THE SAME IS HAPPENING TO ME. EVERYDAY IT UP AND DOWN. SO I THINK THAT WOULD BE BETTER, BUT I THINK ITS GOING TO BE HARD NOT TO...
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday so i can jump on any problems.
  • banjobouner2
    Options
    It's best to weigh yourself once a week max, and ofc at the same time of the day, preferably in the morning on an empty stomach and so forth. Your weight can fluctuate with up to 5 pounds, depending on several factors.

Here is an article explaining why you shouldnt be too obsessed with the scale:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm

Oh, and im trying to only weigh myself every second week, but these days im probably doing it once a week :)
  • cpratt55
    cpratt55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. If it's a good number, I am happy as can be. If it's not good, I work harder that day. For some reason this works for me.
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    I know it's not recommended, but I weigh (and log) everyday naked when I first wake and after I drain the bladder. I'm not hard on myself if it's a bit higher, because I know my weight will fluctuate from day-to-day. I had tried to do the weekly thing but I found it hard to see how my body was responding to food and exercise. By weighing and logging every day, I was able to discover that my body retains weight for 2 weeks each month then all of a sudden I lose all the weight I "should' have been losing during that period of time. I no longer feel AS frustrated when I'm not losing any weight for a week or two. It has also made me more accountable for my bad days food-wise. To each their own!