I hate diets!

Options
Hello all,
Growing up I never worried about wieght and food. After raising 2 kids I see I need to loose 20-25 pounds and eat healthier. I've tried many diets including no carb. It's hard for me to stay with any eating restrictions and exercise programs. My husband doesn't need to worry about his weight so I'm at this alone. Good luck to all of you!

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Don't diet. Make small, incremental changes, slowly, over time, and they will become a lifestyle. Don't deprive yourself what you enjoy, just be smart about portions and frequency. Most of all, find a way to get moving. It's amazing how much easier loosing weight will become!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Make small, incremental changes, slowly, over time, and they will become a lifestyle. Don't deprive yourself what you enjoy, just be smart about portions and frequency. Most of all, find a way to get moving. It's amazing how much easier loosing weight will become!

Yep just what he said. If we look at it as a lifestyle change it should be easier because this is what you will be doing for the rest of your life!!! I love chips so I buy 50 cent bags instead of family bag. Good luck feel free to add me!
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i hate diets too they make me hungry at the thoughts of them. and I seem to always be too busy or tired to exersize. if you add me we could cheer each other on. i'm taking this weight-loss thing one day at a time and i have joined the gym. i do want to loose about a stone to begin with, then onto the next after that one. i would like to loose 25 pounds too. my husbands a bit of a feeder and likes me fat so tries to sabotage me at every opportunity. do add me to either cheer me on or cheer me up. we can see how it goes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Posters above are spot on. I've done temporary changes too and (of course) the weight came back. Log regular food and make some better choices here and there. You don't have to be perfect; don't beat yourself up on a bad day. Just look ahead and continue the journey.

Moving more is great for managing weight and keeping (or improving) your current fitness level. As we age, we can lose range of motion, balance and lean muscle.....unless we take care of ourselves.
  • lynnstrick01
    lynnstrick01 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    "The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
    Yet we Diet, lose weight, go back to eating "NORMAL", gain weight, diet again.... and so on.... BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

Instead if dieting find something you can live with "FOREVER"

For me it was pretty simple, I just replaced 2 meals a day with a SMOOTHIE, Dr Oz has some really good ones, after you get the hang of it you can develop your own and use this website to track the calories. Now I can still have one delicious Normal meal per day and don't have to feel deprived. (do try to do that normal meal early in the day though, so you have time to work it off before bed) ... If the meal you are going to have is extra high Calorie or something you know you will be likely to overindulge, drink a BIG smoothie about 20 minutes before the meal, You will still make your mouth happy but you will be so full from the smoothie you wont eat too much. So far it is working great for me, it is a relatively small change but it is cutting calories and adding nutrients without making me hate life.
  • jacksons2162
    jacksons2162 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I love smoothies so I'll check out some healthy alternatives!
  • AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I needed to read this! I'm new here too, and in the same boat! Good luck to you!