100+ pounds to lose and have to do it without completely depriving myself of everything

Options
I know the title sounds like I am not willing to give anything up but that is not it, I wanted to title it "100+ pounds to lose and want to do it the right way" but honestly for some the "right" way is completely cutting out this or that and I think as long as they are doing what is healthy for them and they can maintain it than I cannot say it isn't right...

Anyway, I have been trying to lose weight for most of my adult life. I would lose and gain, lose and gain. Now I am at the highest weight I have ever been and I am honestly fed up with it. I have decided that I need to hold to "slow and steady wins the race" kind of attitude. I get so tired of it taking so long to lose the weight so I try this diet and that diet to lose the weight fast and then when I lose the weight I start back eating the same way and gaining it all + some back. So, today I am starting with the mindset that I will cut calories, cut out a lot of the "junk" that I eat and make better choices with my meals. I am going to log everything I eat regardless of if I go over my calories or not and start cutting things back and then out little by little. My goal is to lose 1 pound a week. I would really like some active friends to help me in this change.

Replies

• LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there! This sounds like a great attitude to have, and I'll happily provide some encouragment and support. I've got 147lbs to lose, and this is one of many, many trys for me also - we can do it! x
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    136lbs to lose here..feel free to add me
  • slheddlesten
    slheddlesten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mentally Ill mom of 3 with 100 lbs to loose add me!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    hi i have 40 to lose and I have cut back on some things but have cut nothing completely out. I did have to let go of the whites because they cause bloating but other than that moderation is the key. Your positive attitude will definitely help in the journey. Feel free to add me!
  • tsuki_ryuu
    tsuki_ryuu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've got 100+lbs to loose as well! I've been working on my own eating habits and exercising and trying to set some good short term goals to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me, I'll do my best to cheer you on!
  • abstew04
    abstew04 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just joined today, but feel free to add me. I agree with you on eating and will be posting no matter what :)
  • 2Mimi50
    2Mimi50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.. First goal is 65 pounds.. 43 to go!! Then ill start my next goal.. over 100 to lose
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can't be perfect all the time, learning to live with your vices is the key to success. I lost 40+ lbs and still had pizza and beer every week.
  • Jaygee13
    Jaygee13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out that I enjoy and so far I've lost 30lbs. I still have 80lbs to go, maybe more! Anyone feel free to add me. I try to be as encouraging as possible :)
  • Jamie7861
    Jamie7861 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    This is my second time attacking this!
    A few years ago I lost 103 pounds!
    Sadly slowly gained it all back
    Goal is to lose 160 now and it's very disappointing
    Add me so we can help each other!
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is my umpteenth time doing this but the FIRST time I am doing it without cutting out favorite foods or heavily restricting calories. I am set to lose 1lb a week, in reality I averaged about .75 lbs a week for the first year. I wasn't perfect all the time, but really who is? Anyway I have another 50 to go and then a lifetime of maintenance practicing all I've learned along the way. Feel free to add me to your friends list. (Anyone else with similar goals is welcome to add me as well :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,164 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that cutting back on the "junk" significantly would be far better than cutting it out. While it may be nutritionally low, there are satisfaction elements that things like chocolate, ice cream, and other so called "junk" bring that when they are cut out completely often leads to craving and binge eating.
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Incorporating eating healthy into your life definitely takes time and patience. I just take baby steps and change a little bit each week. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • waves1023
    waves1023 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey I started my journey almost a year ago and I've lost 43lbs. 57 more to go! I had to teach myself a lot of self discipline and I've made this progress without denying myself , without beating myself up for how long it was taking, and without fad diets. Honestly it's amazing once you can really be in this mindset! Congratulations I know you'll rock this......
  • AylaJo
    AylaJo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey. I have a lot more than 100lbs to lose but so far so good. Only been doing it a month and Im down 10lbs. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also working on losing 100 pounds without depriving myself of the foods I love. Since January 4 I've lost 18 pounds, so it is clearly working.

The key is moderation. As I said in a thread yesterday, now I only eat 6 Oreos instead of 16. Perhaps in a month I'll reduce it to 4 Oreos. But for now, only eating 6 is a victory for me. And I log EVERYTHING I eat - even if it's 6 Oreos. If I go over in calories for the day, I don't sweat it. Because as long as I remain in a calorie deficit for the week, I'm doing well and will show a loss on weigh-in day.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I topped out at 298 at the end of last year, so a 100 lb. loss is probably what I'm looking at also. I'd be happy anywhere between 190 and 220. Personally, I believe I have to have a plan. I wouldn't drive from here (NYC) to San Diego without a map, and I can't get from 298 to 190 without a plan. Not to be an alarmist but saying that you are simply going to restrict calories may likely leave you in a nutritional desert and even a health crisis.

I have developed a low carb plan based on years of reading and experience (I too have been off and on diets, and lost and gained the same 50 lbs. over the last 20 years) and I have been working it since early February, and I'm down 12 lbs. There is no turning back.

If you'd like to know more let me know. Feel free to add me to your thread because I will support and encourage whether you listen to me or not. ;-)
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    170 to lose, so I'm in it, and there's nothing I have cut completely out of my diet. Last night I had a slice of Costco pizza (and it was friggin amazing) and I still registered a loss. It's all about balance. I like the 80/20 rule for everything myself. Makes me not feel super deprived.

Add me if you like. I'm here to motivate and support!
  • nevergiveup28086
    nevergiveup28086 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have over 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • lizdarcy007
    lizdarcy007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I began my journey with 150lbs to lose and am now down to 95! It IS possible and the best thing you can do is make friends with people on here, they can be such a motivation! Feel free to add me!