ZMA's

Options
So I'm looking for something to cycle with Creatine to keep to strength gains up and keep burning fat, have read good things about the above tablets with nothing negative.
Does anyone have anything good/bad in terms of your own experience?
Thanks

Replies

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Not really understanding why you want to cycle creatine with a recovery sup? As to personal experience I didn't see any difference when I took it so it gets the 'big waste of money' tag from me. Go to examine.com if you want unbiased information on it.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cycle off creatine. If you are taking an appropriate dosage and drinking adequate water you can continue to use it forever.

Check out what Jim Stoppani has to say about ZMA.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Gives you decent sleep, weird *kitten* dreams and perpetual morning wood.

If better sleep gives you better recovery gives you better strength gains, then it's worked for me.

As a 40+ guy with a small child and a couple of businesses I need to maximise my sleep quality as much as I can. A younger me? It probably wouldn't have made much difference TBH
  • mattw273
    mattw273 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. As to the first comment I am wanting to use ZMA I understand it to be something to increase test and igf-1 rather than for recovery.

Second comment my tub of Creatine says only use for 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off. I have just read something that says I can use for 1.5-3 months? Conflicted. Also Jim Stoppani really likes it Zma

Third comment in in the same boat, 40 and busy, often light and restless sleep so wanting to increase quality of sleep/deep sleep.

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I was taking ZMA for like 2 months. Not sure if it made a difference. Studies in men said it had a testosterone boost. No studies in women.