A different approach

Options
I've been at a plateau with my measurements. I've been dropping pounds very slowly but my belly and hips have not gone down in a like 6 weeks. Today, I'm trying to stick with what MFP recommends for sugar intake. I've gone over my 9 grams so far but it's way closer to what I usually do which is at least 60 or 70 grams over.

I'm way under calories today and all I've eaten what I normally eat except skip my lunch cookies and sauce on my stir fry. I ate my breakfast fruit, usually a banana, orange or apple, and it took most of my sugar allowance. It made me pretty sad that I will not be able to be eat bananas for a little while. I think I'll be eating berries instead for my breakfast fruit. I'll be updating with my low sugar diet and hope it gets me over this plateau.

Replies

• bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have the most trouble with the 'eating' part! I do good on the exercise, but have a lot of room for improvement with my eating habits! Hope you get passed your plateau!!
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is in the books and I'm only 10 grams over for a grand total of 39 grams of sugar.
    I had 6 blackberries with my breakfast corn muffin.
    I baked some low sugar cookies and ate 2 of them. They were amazing. I'm glad I'm a decent baker and can make my own recipes. I love cookies so much.
    I'm going to go take my dogs for a walk and hope that the calorie burn will make the red numbers go away. I hate seeing the red numbers.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Today I am only one gram of sugar over for a total of 30 grams. I might grab a chocolate chip or two since TOM starts today.
    My appetite has dropped and I can't eat as much. It might just be TOM messing with me though.

Anyways, had some berries with breakfast again and it's really satisfying the want for sweet without much sugar.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how this works, I am seriously considering focusing on that as well.
  • banjobouner2
    Options
    There are many factors that could play a role, in your fatloss plauteu. Over time the body "adapts" to the things you subject it to. So if your eating and exercise habits are very similar from day to day, a thing to consider is that maybe your body has adapted to your habits. Try to shake things up a bit, eat something you dont usually eat, do different exercises at the gym and so forth :)
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Today I have been on a total TOM binge. I'm still 5 grams under sugar according to MFP but I think it's just because some of the things I entered don't have the sugar facts entered in here. I doubt that I'm way over on sugar though.

I don't feel like a bottomless pit like TOMs past. I ate my unhealthy food and felt full afterwords. I think this is because my blood sugar and insulin are evening out.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Today I went on a sugar binge today. Made myself some chocolate coconut oatmeal then my bf took me out for frozen yogurt. I went over by about 25-30 grams of sugar. Not as bad as my old habits of going over by 50-80 grams everyday.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I did my weigh in and measurements today. I lost 1 pound this week, even with TOM and lost an inch off of my waist and an inch from my hips. I wore my skinny jeans yesterday and they were loose.

I am going to go over on my sugar today. It's date night. :D
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I went over my sugar both Saturday and Sunday and I blame the cupcakes I made for my dad. I didn't go way over though, only about 20 grams each day.

I'm starting to feel like I have more energy. I'm not craving sweets like I used to. I have a want for some sweets but I don't have the need for sweets. I'm getting past the hardest part of sugar withdrawal.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just started this today. I am giving up my Ice coffee and my yogurt. It's gonna be hard but I really want to try!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I went 9 grams of sugar over for a grand total of 38 grams of sugar. Again, I blame the leftover cupcakes. The cupcake I ate was not satisfying and it was too sweet. I wanted something sour instead. I've still got 500 calories to eat today and should eat at least 100 more. I'll probably grab a bowl of cereal.

I'm probably going way over on sugar tomorrow because I'm getting my top wisdom teeth out and my boyfriend will probably get me a high sugar smoothie or something so I can eat.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I'm not over in sugar but I reached my limit and I'm still way under in calories. I wasn't hungry today. I just wanted to sleep. It makes sense since I had a tooth pulled today.
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled and fell off the low sugar wagon. I have again plateaued. It's upsetting to stay under calorie goal most of the time, working out and still not see results. I'm currently the smallest I have been since puberty hit. I would be happy with this if I didn't want to wear a certain tiny one of a kind wedding dress. Ugh.

Looks like I will be trying to get my sugars down again for this month. I'll fall off the wagon again when I go camping in 2 weeks because I want marshmallows!